Unhandled exception error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception error

hi there, I am having trouble connecting my Rhythmic account. I am having unhandled exception error. Please help me resolve this and I also have attached the log files
    Attached Files

Hello jaspreet singh,

Thank you for writing in.

Please remember that the Forum is publicly facing so you will want to be careful with the information that you share here.
    • If you are still having trouble connecting to your account, it would be best to use the steps at the end of this post to send an email to the NinjaTrader Support team directly so we can provide more information and discuss your account and connection openly

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

After updating NinjaTrader, please follow the steps to create a new "Test" workspace as it looks like the "Unhandled Exception" is coming from something in the Workspace. It appears after the Workspace is Restored:
    • 2022-06-28 10:55:31:728|1|4|Restoring workspace 'Default Futures'...
    • 2022-06-28 10:55:41:410|0|4|Unhandled exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      • Try making a new workspace and then see if the error still shows when you restart NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > new > Call it "Test" > Click OK
        • Go to the Workspaces menu > Hover over the "Test" workspace > Click save
        • Restart NinjaTrader and see if the error message still appears when you open the platform or try to connect
          • If the error doesn't appear, it was coming from something in the Old/Original workspace
            • You could remove things from the workspace, save, restart and see if the error still appears. Once it stops appearing, you will know the last thing you removed was causing the error message.
            • Or, you could continue with the "Test" workspace and add things to that 1-by-1 and then restart NinjaTrader to see if the error has returned. If it comes back, you will know the last thing you added is causing it to happen

Steps to connect to a Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage Account:

To connect to the 'Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage' connection, Rithmic Trader Pro must be running and connected before the connection will be successful within NinjaTrader. Please follow the steps below:

Please follow along with this video I made that demonstrates setting up a connection to the "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection type:
    Start by getting connected within R|Trader Pro
    • Download R|Trader Pro
    • Open R|Trader Pro and enter your credentials into the 'Orders' user ID and password fields and the 'Market Data' user ID and password field
    • Click on 'Allow plug-ins' (the text will be yellow when enabled and say [On])
    • Click on 'Login'
    • Wait until you see that you have successfully logged into R|Trader Pro before moving on or it will not work

Now open NinjaTrader and continue:
    • Go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure
    • Select your "Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage" connection within the 'Configured' list > Make sure 'Plug-in mode for market data' has a checkmark
      • If you needed to modify this setting, you must restart NinjaTrader after clicking OK for the changes to take effect
    • Click OK
    • Go back to the Connections menu and click on your connection to connect.

If you are still unable to connect or getting errors, please use the following steps to send an email to Platform Support directly so that we can look into the Log and Trace files further along with discussing personal account information if needed.
    • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
    • Enter your email
    • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN ##REQUESTID##"
    • Check the following boxes:
    • Log and Trace files
    • Send the message

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM