Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours gridlines missing,

Hello,
    When I booted NT8 today I have no trading hours vertical lines This is the same on multiple charts, on different instruments. I have tried rebooting a couple of times and same.
    I have made no changes to my workspace or otherwise
    Everyth9ing else, both in the platform and otherwise seems to be working as expected.
    As it is a 'global' problem across everything, suggests a server problem to me.
    Any ideas?
    Kind regards,

Now I notice something more bizarre, the sort of thing that makes one doubt one's sanity.
    My chart vertical axis is very 'clean', I don't display any chart markers with the exception of Current Price. I use Ninja's price Line indicator -, but do not have its' Price Markers Visible, Instead, I use the Price Marker from the Data Series Properties, with colour set to Yellow.
    I notice the Price Markers are appearing Black, not Yellow. This is very 'obvious'/catches my attention because my chart background is black, so black does not stand out, yellow does hence choice.
    This is so across 12 charts, 4 instruments and various data series types.
    Coincidentally I posted a screenshot last week to another post, so checked it - Yellow.
    .The price marker colour is set to Black.
    Similarly to above, a 'global' effect resetting all Data Series to Default Price Marker colour?
    KR
    Last edited by brucerobinson; 06-29-2022, 05:26 AM.

Now also noticed all my DOMs have market depth depth showing which I have Unchecked, and none have ATM Strategies selected (ATM Strategies are still present).

What is the best way to recover from this?

KR

Comment

I restored Friday's backup and all is resolved. Presumably some form of corruption.
      I noted four Red Default category error messages in the Log file at the time of making connection for the first 'corrupted launch', Unhandled exception - Object reference not set to an instance of an object, FWIW./FYI

I had no system or NT crashes or errors that may have contributed to this.

I did note that one of the ATM Strategies was not attached to the DOM. This is not unusual to experience and many other Users have reported same in the past.

I have another thread open regarding unexpected ATM Behaviour (mentioned above) which may or may not be related.

Just sayin'

Comment

FYI - so then I found Drawing Objects were not saving. Tried different ones on different charts and saving before exiting and saving whilst exiting. Tried reload scripts.Create drg obs, save ws, re-open ws, no drg objs.

Closed NT and re-opened - all drg obs there.

I commented on another thread on specific scenarios (several) by vendor =Edge= (thread started by another vendor iirc reporting other problems with drg objs not saving or not behaving as expected).

Just sayin'

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for posting. It sounds like the workspace issue was resolved by restoring. Your ATM templates are located in Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\AtmStrategy. As long as you see files in there, they should populate in the ATM menus when the program is open.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris and thanks.
            "they should populate in the ATM menus when the program is open.". I know what they 'should' do.....

KR

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses