Double-Connecting to Kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double-Connecting to Kinetick

I'm seeking information about "double-connecting" to Kinetick. By this I mean connecting simultaneously to: [1] my real-time Kinetick service, and [2] Kinetick - End Of Day (Free). I'd like to do this because I don't have a need for real-time index data, but I do have a desire to access historical index data.

1. If I connect only to [1] then I can't access ^SP500; NT reports Error 20013.
    2. If I connect to both [1] & [2] then I can't access ^SP500; NT reports Error 20013.
    3. If I connect only to [2], then I can access ^SP500 just fine.

So, is it possible to simultaneously connect to [1] & [2]? Do you foresee any problems with doing so?

On a related note, I was surprised to see that Tools > Options > Market data > preferred connections doesn't list both [1] and [2], rather, it only lists "Kinetick."

Thanks much in advance for any guidance you might provide.

Hello NtFan,

This error indicates your live Kinetick account may not be subscribed to the CBOE Index exchange. When connected to the Kinetick End Of Day (Free) connection this connection will only provide end of day Daily data and does not include real time or intraday data.

So I may look into this further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 07-01-2022, 03:16 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes