Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high internet usage

Greetings,

I tried sending a Help inquiry from the control panel of my fresh install of today, but I don't think it sent. I got a message "remote certificate invalid" & that it would send, but didn't get an auto reply.

Anyway,
    I'm getting high internet usage, NT alone is using over 1.5 Mbps. This is with a fresh install, per instructions. I opened the fresh install, did NOT connect to Data, closed all but the Control Panel.

The same problem is why I did a fresh install today.
    Also, I'd done a fresh install about a week ago, when I had problems with orders that would freeze on "Pending".

I'm not sure when the high internet usage began.

I've attached log from 07/01/22, which I believe is after the first fresh install. The trace file is too big to attach.

Suggestions ?
    Last edited by BGWTEX; 07-07-2022, 12:10 PM.

No response, since 2:00 PM yesterday.

Comment

Hello BGWTEX,

Thank you for writing in.

We have been experiencing a higher than normal volume of tickets so it is taking a little longer to respond than normal. Thank you for your patience.

The Network demands of the NinjaTrader platform are going to fluctuate depending on what is happening with the underlying markets and amount of data that is needed.

Please see this example I put together to show how much of the Network my NinjaTrader platform was calling when it opened for comparison.
      • This is NinjaTrader Closed, NinjaTrader with no windows, and then NinjaTrader with a SuperDOM and Chart window open for comparison:
      • Click image for larger version

Name:	LT610a.png
Views:	162
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	1207779

If you tried using the "Email Support" feature within the platform and that failed, it normally means there is another program or setting that is affecting NinjaTraders connection with the necessary servers.

If you have further questions about your connection/internet/network after this response, I suggest writing into platform support directly so we may discuss you and your connection freely without the potential of accidentally sharing private or personal information that can be included within the Log and Trace files sometimes.

Send an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .

Put the "Subject" as "Clayton ATTN 3689806"

Please include the following files along with the email.
      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There is an issue with very high download network usage with NT 8.0.26.1. In version 8.0.26.0 this problem is not present so it's a new issue introduced in 26.1.

The issue is very easy to reproduce. Just do a fresh installation of NT 8.0.26.1 then start NT and leave it running without being connected to any live data. When you look in Windows Resource Monitor, you will see that NinjaTrader.exe is using on average 193,000 Bytes/Second which is equivalent to 16GB per day if we leave NT running on idle for 24 hours doing nothing. This is not normal and it needs to be fixed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	High Network usage.png
Views:	135
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	1214843
        You can also watch this video to see the comparaison between 8.0.26.0 and 8.0.26.1 with both fresh installation which confirms the problem.

Hopefully, the NinjaTrader development team will fix this issue quickly.
        ASCENDO Trading
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ASCENDO Trading

Comment

I have the same issue. I opened a post here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ly#post1214664

So far it seems this is expected behavior with the new release. I don't like to complain... but its a it unacceptable really. I really like NT and this is one of the only significant issues I have run into that so far... It seems to be "well that's the way it is... Really hoping they can get a fix for this. Those of us on limited internet are going to be really affected by this.

My next mission is to find an install file for 8.0.26.0.... and go back.
          Last edited by MattD888; 09-08-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattD888 View Post
            I have the same issue. I opened a post here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ly#post1214664

So far it seems this is expected behavior with the new release. I don't like to complain... but its a it unacceptable really. I really like NT and this is one of the only significant issues I have run into that so far... It seems to be "well that's the way it is... Really hoping they can get a fix for this. Those of us on limited internet are going to be really affected by this.

My next mission is to find an install file for 8.0.26.0.... and go back.
            Provided one to you in your other post, but will post it here in case you didnt' see it ... roll back:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ninjatrader-previous-version.png
Views:	120
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1214972
            xabcdtrading
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM