Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Chart Trader order colors?

Hi

Is it possible to change the colors of the chart trader entries, stops and exit tools?

Currently my limit buy is beige, the take profit is cyan and the stop is pink - I don't recall if I set these colors or they are default.

Thanks!

Hello Irukandji,

Thanks for your post.

You could change the Order marker colors in the Chart Trader Properties window.

Right-click on Chart Trader, select Properties from the right-click menu, scroll down to the bottom of the properties list, and use the Lines drop-down menus to change the color of the Order markers.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndDefinitions

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to set order marker colors for a stop or limit order programmatically? For example, if I am using unmanaged order handling and not using an ATM strategy but would like to use the Chart Trader properties "stop loss" color...how can I change the order marker color programmatically from the default "stop order" color to the Chart Trader specified "stop loss" color on a live order?

To ask another way, how can I get Chart Trader to render a "stop order" using the Chart Trader properties "stop loss" color without using an ATM strategy?

Thank you.
      Last edited by RFrosty; 05-19-2023, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Hello RFrosty,

Thanks for your note.

No, there are no documented/supported ways to change the order marker colors of a stop or limit order programmatically.

This would need to be changed manually by following the steps in post # 2.

The thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on unsupported code to accomplish this.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello RFrosty,

Thanks for your note.

No, there are no documented/supported ways to change the order marker colors of a stop or limit order programmatically.

This would need to be changed manually by following the steps in post # 2.

The thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on unsupported code to accomplish this.

Please let me know if you have further questions on this topic.
          By default, Chart Trader uses the red color for a "Stop loss" and pink color for a "Stop market orders" (as seen in the Chart Trader properties). How does Chart Trader internally determine when to use the red color vs the pink color since both are technically just "stop orders"?

For example, today, when my code creates a "stop loss" (without using an ATM strategy), which is just a stop order, Chart Trader always assigns the pink color instead of the red color. I would like my stop loss (stop order) to be assigned the red color by Chart Trader.
          Last edited by RFrosty; 05-22-2023, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Hello RFrosty,

Thanks for your notes.

The color of order markers on the chart is determined by the color that you manually set the order color to in the Chart Trader properties.

This must be manually done by right-clicking on Chart Trader > selecting Properties > and setting the color you want for the order marker lines.

As stated in my previous post, "there are no documented or supported ways to change the order marker colors of a stop or limit order programmatically."

See this help guide page for more information about Chart Trader Properties: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndDefinitions
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_BrandonH; 05-22-2023, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
              Hello RFrosty,

Thanks for your notes.

The color of order markers on the chart is determined by the color that you manually set the order color to in the Chart Trader properties.

This must be manually done by right-clicking on Chart Trader > selecting Properties > and setting the color you want for the order marker lines. As stated in my previous post, "there are no documented/supported ways to change the order marker colors of a stop or limit order programmatically."

See this help guide page for more information about Chart Trader Properties: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AndDefinitions
              Yes, totally understand the Chart Trader color properties.

I would like to know how Chart Trader determines that one stop order should be pink while another stop order should be red. Essentially, why does Chart Trader make my stop order (stop loss) pink instead of red as a stop loss is just a stop order. Thank you.
              Last edited by RFrosty; 05-22-2023, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hello RFrosty,

Thanks for your note.

NinjaTrader is programmed to set the order markers on the chart to a certain color based on the Chart Trader properties you set in the Chart Trader Properties window.

Stop market orders are different from stop loss orders in NinjaTrader. A Stop Loss order is shown on the chart as red when an ATM Strategy is used to place protective orders on a chart. A Stop market order is shown on the chart as pink when you manually submit a stop market order on the chart.

If you would like your stop market orders to be red instead of pink, you could set the 'Stop market orders' line color to red in the Chart Trader Properties window.

Comment

Hi, how do you change the color of the position line and profit?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	459
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1262944

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thanks for your notes.

You could change the Position Entry Price line in the Chart Trader Properties window.

Right-click in Chart Trader, select Properties, locate the 'Position entry price' field in the 'Lines' section of the Chart Trader Properties window, and use the 'Color' drop-down menu to select the color you want the position entry price line to be.

There are no available options for changing the color of the PnL on the position entry execution marker.

See this help guide page for more information about Chart Trader Properties: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...roperties3.htm

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_BrandonH,

Thanks for the info.
                      When I follow the steps in post 2 and 6, I don't see anything about order markers. Below is what I see. What am I missing?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	1273417
                      Last edited by thefrisian; 10-17-2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Hello thefrisian,

Thanks for your notes.

The window in the screenshot you shared is the Chart Properties window, not the Chart Trader Properties window.

To modify Chart Trader properties, right-click in the Chart Trader window and select 'Properties'. This will bring up the Chart Trader Properties window so you could modify Chart Trader specific properties.

See this help guide page for more information about Chart Trader Properties: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...roperties3.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post giulyko00  
                        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                        12 responses
                        0 likes