Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Vertical Histogram over data for deviation statistics

Dear Ninjatrader Team,

I was searching for a solution to draw vertical histograms on the side of a panel to measure the distribution of data occurrence generated from any indicator.
    This is very often required for statistical analysis. Currently I extract data as far as possible manually and use external tools like excel to calculate deviations. But I would like to be able calculating some data in real time, without the need to extract and analyze the data externally.

More simply put, this would allow to measure which data occurs most often on any indicator, helping project this insight for future occurrences.

Some examples of a possible application:
    • Measuring the distribution of daily volume per RTH trading session over the last 10 days.
    • Measuring the distribution of daily range per RTH trading session over the last 10 days.
    • Measuring the distribution of volume per Overnight session over the last 10 days.
    • Measuring the distribution of trade numbers generated within Initial Balance period.
    • Measuring the distribution of harmonic rotations.
    Requirements:
    • Ability to select which data the histogram takes into account (choosing the data from a specific indicator)
    • Ability to adjust bin size of histogram
    • Ability to plot MODE and Standard Deviations

Example from another platform (Investor-RT showing 2 histograms on data plots of an indicator in each panel):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Investor-RT_Histogram example.png Views:	0 Size:	164.2 KB ID:	1209454

This function is very close to what a volume profile is doing (as a VP is also a type of Histogram). But I need something for a more general application.
    I tried to draw volume profile on other data than price-volume and this is not possible.

Is this possible with any native NT integrated tool?
    Are there may some third party products known for this functionality?

Thanks a lot for any input!

Kind regards
    Last edited by TickBull7000; 07-24-2022, 06:00 AM.

Hello TickBull7000,

There are some volume profile type scripts that custom render horizontal volume bars.

This is a conversion of the Realtime Level II/Tick Volume. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 27th, 2018: Since OnRenderTargetChanged can be called before State.DataLoaded, setting the dxmBrushes["backColor"].MediaBrush here wasn't working out and was sometimes null. Changed this to now get the chart background color (and text color) from […]

This is a conversion of the Market Profile developed by ivatan1962. Note from author: Important: Not final version, tested with ES, not sure it will work with other instruments.Please feel free to report any issues, suggestions, etc. Sorry I have not made any updates lately, too busy with other stuff. I'll go back to work […]

This is a conversion of the DValueArea. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 10th, 2021: An improperly implemented timespan was causing xml errors in the Strategy Builder

Is this something you are building yourself, or are you asking the trading community if anyone knows of an existing indicator with this functionality?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello TickBull7000,

There are some volume profile type scripts that custom render horizontal volume bars.

This is a conversion of the Realtime Level II/Tick Volume. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 27th, 2018: Since OnRenderTargetChanged can be called before State.DataLoaded, setting the dxmBrushes["backColor"].MediaBrush here wasn't working out and was sometimes null. Changed this to now get the chart background color (and text color) from […]

This is a conversion of the Market Profile developed by ivatan1962. Note from author: Important: Not final version, tested with ES, not sure it will work with other instruments.Please feel free to report any issues, suggestions, etc. Sorry I have not made any updates lately, too busy with other stuff. I'll go back to work […]

This is a conversion of the DValueArea. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 10th, 2021: An improperly implemented timespan was causing xml errors in the Strategy Builder

Is this something you are building yourself, or are you asking the trading community if anyone knows of an existing indicator with this functionality?

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for sharing the links to the resources. This could definitely be a starting point.

I'm asking if anyone knows of an existing indicator before I dive into building one myself. I believe this is a basic function to anyone who's into analyzing statistically their instrument or any indicator generated data. So I have the feeling something corresponding is already available out there.

Meanwhile I found some projects shared on the Futures.io site, giving also some good starting points for creating it's own tool.
      Still surprised that this is so hard to find or simply not available yet.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post terofs
      by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response
      0 likes