Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One instrument (GC) lagging chart

Hey,

I was experiencing some chart lag and I went to investigate by creating a brand new empty work space with no indicators or anything like that.

I went one by one adding my charts. I added CL first which worked fine, GC next which had lag with cursor moving around, added 6E next which was fine, then added ES which was also fine. Every instrument works fine but my GC chart lags while moving around the cursor throughout the chart.

They all have the same settings of the chart which is default. I'm also disconnected from any live data while testing.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Tony

Okay this continues to happen for the past few days after just restarting the platform.

The short-term fix is to duplicate a window from another instrument which isn't lagging, but the thing is I have to keep doing this whenever I restart it as one instrument has a lag in it.

All the other instruments aren't lagging, but there's one which lags.

I should also add that I'm using the exact same templates for each instrument and nothing is different. Meaning they all have same indicators with same settings.

I would appreciate any help.

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Remove any third-party add-ons you have on the chart to see if they are causing this lagging. You can also see what is taking all the CPU time by using the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor. If this continues, please clear out your cache folder and test again:

Shut down NinjaTrader.
      Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
      Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
      Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Kind regards.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
        Hi, thanks for posting. Remove any third-party add-ons you have on the chart to see if they are causing this lagging. You can also see what is taking all the CPU time by using the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor. If this continues, please clear out your cache folder and test again:

Shut down NinjaTrader.
        Open the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder.
        Delete the sub-folder named 'cache'.
        Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Kind regards.
        Hey Chris,

I tried both of them but that didn't help.

I also tried running this in safe mode with a completely empty workspace of just a blank chart and this were the results: I opened only with NQ 5m with 5 days, it was perfect. I opened CL 5m chart same 5 days, perfect. Opened GC 5m chart, perfect. Opened 6E it was lagging. When I mean lagging I mean that when I was just moving the cursor around the chart it was lagging. I even changed the instrument to ES and it was still lagging. I then added a 5th chart and it works perfectly. On task manager it shows only 15% CPU, 55% memory, and 0% disk.

I ran it in safe mode a 2nd time and added the charts one by one and the same thing happened.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, If you tried the cache reset and it did not help the lagging you will need to first clear out your entire database and test on a completely blank chart, or do a full re-install of the platform.

To get a full new database:

Close out of NinjaTrader
          Go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8, rename the "db" folder to "dbOLD"
          After this, run a repair on the installation by running the installer from the link below:
          NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If this does not help, you will need to test on a fresh installation of NinjaTrader 8:
          1. Close all running applications.
          2. Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
          3. Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
          4. Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
          5. Reboot your PC.
          6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:
            https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
            Hi, If you tried the cache reset and it did not help the lagging you will need to first clear out your entire database and test on a completely blank chart, or do a full re-install of the platform.

To get a full new database:

Close out of NinjaTrader
            Go to Documents\NinjaTrader 8, rename the "db" folder to "dbOLD"
            After this, run a repair on the installation by running the installer from the link below:
            NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

If this does not help, you will need to test on a fresh installation of NinjaTrader 8:
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
            3. Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
            4. Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
            5. Reboot your PC.
            6. Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below:
              https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted
            Hey Chris, I cleared out database and that didn't help. I also completely did a fresh installation, and here's what happened:

I was able to go 7 new charts and all were super fast and no lags. The 8th one I added had lag just while moving the cursor around the chart. The 9th window and 10th windows, all were perfectly fine and fast. What's weird is that if I close the 9th, and 10th window, the 8th one will still lag. It's exactly the same thing which happened on the Ninjatrader before I reinstalled everything, except it was on the 4th window. In that instance, the 5th, 6th, 7th windows were all fine. The week before that it was the 2nd window, where the 3rd, 4th, 5th were all perfectly fine.

I guess what I can do anytime I come back to the platform the next morning is just create a new window which seems to solve the problem since it's only for one of them. Although I would prefer if I didn't have to do that every day. If there is anything else you can recommend I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
            Last edited by HinduMVP; 08-08-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Hey Chris,

Just a heads up, I'm receiving assistance by Sergey through email so I should be good.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes