Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plans to include more historical data?

Hi,
    Does NinjaTrader have any plans to include more historical MINUTE data for its license holders? Tradestation, for instance includes decades of CME symbols data. Buying data from places such as TickData is prohibitively expensive for many, and we can't perform proper testing with the 2 or 3 years of data in the NT database. Providing more data for us would be a huge level-up for NT. 10+ years of at least the indeces and crude would be greatly appreciated by all.
    thanks,
    David
    Last edited by trader3000a; 07-27-2022, 04:37 AM.

Hello trader3000a,

Thank you for your post.

Are you connecting to NinjaTrader Continuum? If so I have tested ES and CL Futures and was able to load over 10 years of historical Minute data. To verify you can load additional data please right click in your chart->Data Series->Select Custom range from the Load data based on->Input a date for 2010 for the Start date then click Ok.

If you cannot load over 2-3 years can you tell me what instrument you have selected. Keep in mind depending on the instrument there may be less historical data available.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

is continuum available to those not using nt brokerage? I have a lifetime license for NT, but i don't use nt's brokerage

Comment

Hello Trader3000a,

NinjaTrader Continuum is a data technology used for NinjaTrader Brokerage accounts and is not a stand alone data provider such as Kinetick or IQFeed. Can you clarify what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader.

Keep in mind the amount of data you can access is dependent on the amount of historical data available from your data provider and is not regulated by the NinjaTrader platform directly.

Comment

i have rithmic through OneUp right now.

Comment

Hello trader3000a,

I have tested Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage and am able to load 10 years of historical Minute data when selecting CL 09-22 as well as ES 09-22 with a Start date set to 7/27/2012. So I may test the same instrument you are can you tell me what instrument you have selected.

Comment

Hi Christopher, the data is available now. I'm not sure what I did diffferently, but thanks for checking. You got me where I needed to be

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite