• Show
Clear All

NT just breaks on its own

Click image for larger version

Name:	sdfdsfdfdfsfd.png
Views:	244
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	1210282

Can anyone tell me how NinjaTrader just breaks on its own?
    I havent even touched it for weeks.
    I can understand a few scripts being messed up because 1 thing was wrong or missing but this is just 1 page there are so many more!
    Its like all indicators are broken.
    Like major system Indicators have been deleted
    Like theres a virus.
    NT has a mind of its own. I dont know what to do. I've tried restoring
    I manually back up a lot but definitely not often enough.
    There should be an auto backup for everytime you close it. Restore points.

Hello ezrollin,

Thanks for your post.

This error is caused when NinjaTrader is searching for a reference to a .dll file, and the reference does not exist.

Please follow the steps below to resolve the compile errors.
    1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
    2. Click "Add".
    3. Locate the .dll file for the file mentioned in the error.
    4. Click "Open" to add the reference.
    5. Click "OK" and recompile.
    Here is a publicly available video demonstrating these steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj1KliUjTC4

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i dont know what DLL file is missing

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Thanks for your note.

The DLL file would be listed in the compile error messages. You would need to note the DLLs mentioned in the compile errors and follow the steps that I shared in post #2 to resolve the compile errors.

For example, ATRProjections would be the file name for some of the errors listed in the screenshot you shared.

Please review the publicly available video in post #2 demonstrating these steps.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	fasfasdfadfasdfafadsfasfsafs.png Views:	0 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	1210761

see, thats the problem cause "ATRprojections" is already there.
          I havent gone and messed with any of these files.
          They're already there

Maybe theres an NT database that links these files that is corrupted or something IDK.
          This is bizarre. I'll just manually restore from a really old backup

Comment

Before I did a fresh reinstall, I backed up the indicators and strategies.
            I noticed my main strategy that I had been working on was full of data. However, it was just blank.
            In every program I used to open it (notepad, command prompt, NT editor,etc) it didnt display any information at all.
            Usually when a file is corrupted, it will at least display some info or give an error that its corrupted.

I only used builder to create the strategy, nothing else.
            NT broke on its own

Comment

Name:	sfdsfsdfsdfsdfdfsdfdfs.png
Views:	166
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1211289

I have placed no orders.
              I have not run it live at all.
              The market has been closed.
              No strategies running, yet I have all these historical trades that never happened.
              I guess this is normal?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	fsfsdfdsafsdfafasdfdasfadsfasdfadsfasd.png Views:	0 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	1211303

I had like 10 strategies applied to MES 09-22 then I restarted the program.
                Now they are still on the control panel but no longer linked to the chart.
                I turn them on and nothing happens
                Last edited by ezrollin; 08-06-2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Thanks for your note.

"I have placed no orders. I have not run it live at all. The market has been closed. No strategies running, yet I have all these historical trades that never happened. I guess this is normal?"

Yes, that is correct. When a strategy is enabled, it processes historical data to determine trades that the strategy would have made on the data that is already on the PC/chart and to determine what position the strategy is in. (Strategy positions are separate from actual Account positions.) The historical (virtual) trades you see on the chart are trades that the strategy would have made on that data.

See the help guide pages linked below for more information about Strategy Position vs Account Position and Start Behaviors.
                  Strategy vs. Account Position — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm
                  Start Behaviors — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

"I noticed my main strategy that I had been working on was full of data. However, it was just blank."

When you mention that the strategy was 'blank', what exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the code of the strategy when clicking the 'View code' button in the Strategy Builder?

Restart NinjaTrader, then open a New > Strategy Builder window, select the strategy in question in the Strategy Builder, and click the 'View code' button.

Do you see the code syntax for that strategy displayed in a NinjaScript Editor window?

What version of NInjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number found in the Help > About window. (8.0.25.0, 8.0.26.0, 8.0.26.1, ect.)

If you are not using NinjaTrader, 8.0.26.1, please use the steps below to upgrade NinjaTrader 8.
                  • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                  • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                  • Enter your license key and press Submit
                  • Select 'Download'
                  • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

"I had like 10 strategies applied to MES 09-22 then I restarted the program.
                  Now they are still on the control panel but no longer linked to the chart."

Please remove the strategies from the Strategies tab of the Control Center and restart NinjaTrader. Then once NinjaTrader is restarted, add the strategies back to the Chart window.

I look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Name:	fsdfafasdfasdfadsfadsfasdfadsfafasfadsfdasfasdfafdsfsad.png
Views:	170
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1211653
                    Thanks for replying.
                    Yes this is a fresh install of 8.0.26.1

However I dont think I've ever even pulled up MNQ on this new install, yet it automatically attached this strategy to 2 different charts/tickers.
                    An MNQ chart that doesnt even exist, never did.
                    I dont even know how to apply a strategy to 2 different charts at once
                    (I know you can apply strategies to tickers without a chart)
                    Bizarre!!! I cant even remove it from that ticker/chart.

Me: "I noticed my main strategy that I had been working on was full of data. However, it was just blank."
                    You: "When you mention that the strategy was 'blank', what exactly do you mean? Are you referring to the code of the strategy when clicking the 'View code' button in the Strategy Builder?"

Sorry I didnt explain that clear enough.
                    I was trying to say that the strategy file itself was a large file (like 350 KB of data)
                    But when I open it in any editor like ninja's editor or notepad, the file was completely blank. Nothing was there.

Usually when a file is corrupted, it will have corrupted hex characters or something or it will just not open at all and give an error message.
                    It doesnt matter I already re-wrote the strategy from what I could remember.

Comment

Sorry to take up all your time.
                      Also I noticed that when I start my strategies, they will apply to the MY TD Ameritrade connection but I'm only trading futures so
                      they dont get their data from TDA, they get it from Ninja continuum yet they're trying to start on TDA.
                      So I've just disabled TDA as a workaround.
                      Normal? Thanks

Comment

Hello ezrollin,

Thanks for your note.

Please set up a Clean Environment using the steps below and test to see if the behaviors you are reporting continue to occur.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
                        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
                        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                        3. Add the required indicators and test the template.
                        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.
                        For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

"However I dont think I've ever even pulled up MNQ on this new install, yet it automatically attached this strategy to 2 different charts/tickers."

Strategies do not have to be added to a chart window. It is possible to add a strategy to an instrument in the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Note that if this strategy is added to the Strategies tab of the Control Center or to a Chart window and you save the Workspace, the strategy will remain in the Strategies tab or Chart window when starting NinjaTrader with that Workspace.

Here are some help guide links for more information about enabling a strategy.
                        Enabling a Strategy from the Control Center — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...eStrategiesTab
                        Enabling a Strategy in a Chart window — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rategyInAChart

"Bizarre!!! I cant even remove it from that ticker/chart."

Please right-click on the strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center and select 'Remove' from the right-click menu to remove the strategy. Or, click on the strategy in the Strategies tab of the Control Center to select it and click the 'Delete' key on your keyboard to remove the strategy.

"I was trying to say that the strategy file itself was a large file (like 350 KB of data)
                        But when I open it in any editor like ninja's editor or notepad, the file was completely blank. Nothing was there."

Is this a strategy that you developed? Or, is this an assembly (DLL) file from a third-party vendor/developer?

If the strategy came as an assembly (DLL) file from a third-party developer, the code of the strategy would be protected and you would not be able to view or modify the strategy's code.

If this is a strategy you developed, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, open the Strategies folder, and double-click the strategy file to view it. Then, send me a screenshot showing that the strategy you created is 'blank' in the NinjaScript Editor window. Also, attach an exported version of the strategy so I may investigate further. You could export a strategy by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn.

"Also I noticed that when I start my strategies, they will apply to the MY TD Ameritrade connection but I'm only trading futures so
                        they dont get their data from TDA, they get it from Ninja continuum yet they're trying to start on TDA."

Do you have multiple accounts in the Accounts tab of the Control Center?

When enabling a strategy, you must select which account you would like the strategy applied to. This could be seen in the Account drop-down menu in the UI when enabling the strategy. If your TD Ameritrade account populates in the Account drop-down menu by default, you would need to use that drop-down menu to change the account you want the strategy to run on.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tegyProperties

Note that you could set your preferred market data connection in the Tools > Options > Market Data tab.

See this help guide page for more information about using multiple connections: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post usazencort  
                        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM