Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I can see those strange candlesticks and volumes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see those strange candlesticks and volumes.

Hi Chelsea,

thank you very much for clarification!

Could you please help me to solve the problem as displayed on attached picture? When using tick replay I can see those strange candlesticks and volumes. In data sereies settings I specify amount of bars to look back. Sometimes it helps to change this amount by 1 (up or down), another time not and I have to try different values to correct this visualisation. I didn find yet any rule how to get rid of that. On other timeframes there is no problem. At first I noticed that only on 4h timeframe, later also on other TF's. Without tick replay its OK. Reload all historical data does not help. CQG datafeed... but it doesnt look like datafeed related issue.
    Attached Files

Hello libas,

I'm a little confused. Is this the same inquiry about the scale justification?

Is this a new inquiry that should be a new thread?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

no need for me to create new thread. I just need to solve this problem
      Do you have any ideas what could cause that or tips what to try?

Libor

Comment

Hello libas,

Just to clarify, instead of picking a bar with a mouse click, you are trying to choose the bar with the large high and then convert the price to a y value using the chart scale?

What is the rule you want to identify these with? If the High is greater than the Close plus 8 ticks?

Comment

Dear Chelsea,

please check my post #13 ...thats not about bar picking but about incorrect bars visualization

Comment

Hello libas,

Thank you for confirming this is a new inquiry that is not related to your previous inquiry.

I have made a new thread for this inquiry.

If the historical data is incorrect, if you right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data does this correct the historical data?

If not, you can modify this in the Tools -> Historical Data Manager window.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
              as I already wrote in my initial problem describtion....Reload all historical data does not help.

I also wrote that on other time frames chart is displayed correctly. This means I would not expect problem with wrong historical data.

Could you please provide any other advice than just link to your documentation? Of course I know where to find your documentation but Im not able to solve it using it. This problem is not rare...I have to solve it every day and it starts to be really annoying.

Comment

Please keep in mind that at this moment I have absolutelly no idea what could be source of this problem. As you have deep knowledge of all the processes behind the scene I would expect that you can think about it and point me to the possible sources of the problem..

Comment

Hello libas,

Once the bars are completed, they would be historical bars. Reload All Historical Data will fetch this data from the historical data servers. Tick Replay would use tick data to build the bars, so it would be suspect if there is some tick data making those large wicks.

If there is an issue with bar cache it can cause issues on the chart. We do not recommend clearing cache as a maintenance step since cache is intended to speed up the platform, but we would like to ask if clearing cache resolves the issue, to please take note of any steps needed to make the issue come back, as we would then want to report that cache issue.

To clear cache:
                  1. Close NinjaTrader
                  2. Delete the contents inside the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder
                  3. Also delete the contents inside the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\minute ; Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\tick ; Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\day folders
                  4. Restart NinjaTrader and test opening the chart once more.
                  If issues persist here, please then provide your log and trace files, as well as a screenshot of the chart's Data Series window.

(Please do not post your log and trace files here. Instead, please email them to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 03133653" and include a link to this thread.

Sending Log and Trace files
                  • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                  • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to your email.
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes