Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HOW TO WORK WITH STRATEGIES and DISCRETIONARY ORDERS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW TO WORK WITH STRATEGIES and DISCRETIONARY ORDERS?

If I reverse a stradegy entry, add other atm orders or close a stradegy order it will diable the stradegy. Is there a way I can do these actions without diableing the stradegy?

Hello dtaylor,

Thanks for your post.

You could reverse the position of a strategy by calling an Entry order method in the opposite direction in your strategy.

From the Managed Approach help guide page linked below: "Entry() methods will reverse the position automatically. For example if you are in a 1 contract long position and now call EnterShort() -> you will see 2 executions, one to close the prior long position and the other to get you into the desired 1 contract short position."

Managed Approach: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm

Adding manual entry orders with ATM Strategy templates will interfere with a strategy running on the same instrument and same account. For example, if your strategy placed an order of 1 Short and you manually place a Long order with an ATM Strategy template, the short order will be sold by the manually placed long order and you would end up in a flat position with a stop and target placed by the ATM Strategy template remaining on the chart.

To prevent the manually placed ATM Strategy from interfering with the NinjaScript strategy order, you would need to place the ATM Strategy order on a separate account.

See this forum thread post for detailed information about this: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...660#post792660

If you click the Close button to manually close a position and you are running a NinjaScript strategy, the NinjaScript strategy will disable. There is no way to prevent this. NinjaScript strategies are intended to run without any manual intervention.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Max238
    by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM