Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay/disconnect issue

Hi all,

my chart delay or disconnect issue happen randomly and continuously. I have been using other trading platform for testing which all its live chart ALWAYS update istantly with no single delay/disconnect issue. Its confirmed that all factors on my side has no problem including internect connection, PC status and windows settings. Problems is very serious. Charts can be delayed for more than 5 minutes, or stopped updating, even worse, when i restart ninjatrader, it cannot connect to server, even able to connect to the server, charts doesnt move! I have do whatever technical support ask me to but the problem still there! Any experience users can offer me some suggestions?? Many thanks!!

Hello danielwuwu,

Thanks for your post.

Either we are looking at a delayed data feed, or the platform is overloaded and creating the delay.

You can test connecting to your data provider and testing a blank workspace with a basic chart and SuperDOM open to see the platform updating at optimal speed without anything slowing it down.

If this workspace performs well, but yours does not, the existing workspace would need to be reduced so it performs better. (These symptoms are most often seen when there is greater volatility.)

Note that the SuperDOM updates more frequently than a chart so chart rendering does not overwhelm the CPU.

Regarding connection losses, you mention several different connection related issues. You m ay not see connection losses in other software depending on how each piece of software determines what a connection loss is. Within any program this could be very different.

To address connection loss issues, We would recommend directly connecting to you router/modem, test disabling firewall antivirus, and to also test connecting to a WiFi hotspot or testing with a different internet connection incase it is suspected your home internet connection has poor quality.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes