Indicator with a higher high on the day than the previous day's high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator with a higher high on the day than the previous day's high

Is there an indicator that colors or sounds an alarm for stocks whose previous day's high is higher than that high on the same day?

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of an indicator that accomplishes this specifically. This thread will be open for other community members to share their insights.

That said, you could consider adding the Prior Day OHLC indicator and Current Day OHL indicator to a chart and creating an Alert to play a sound when the Prior Day OHLC High plot is greater than the Current Day OHL High plot.

First, add the Prior Day OHLC indicator and Current Day OHL indicator to a chart. Next, right-click on the chart and select 'Alerts' to create an alert. Then, you could set up a condition that checks if the Prior Day OHLC High plot is greater than the Current Day OHL High plot. You could create an Action to play a sound when this condition triggers.

See this help guide page for information about adding indicators to a chart: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...AddAnIndicator

See this help guide page for information about creating Alerts: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ing_alerts.htm

And, see the attached screenshot showing what the Alert condition might look like.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

As shown in the attached image, I can only see three selections, Current open, Current high and Current low, how can I display Prior high?

Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your note.

I see in your screenshot that you are comparing the Current Day OHL indicator with a Current Day OHL ini

You would need to compare the Prior Day OHLC indicator to the Current Day OHL indicator.

You could compare the screenshot you shared with the screenshot in post #2 to see where there are differences.

Comment

Those worked fine.
          I also tried with the market analyzer, is it possible to color the market analyzer according to indicators and other conditions?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your note.

Yes, it is possible to color the cell of a Market Anaylzer column when an indicator or price reaches a set value.

See this help guide page for more information: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...CellConditions

Comment

I was able to color the cells.
              However, I was not able to color only the symbols that compare the previous day's high price with the current day's high price and update the previous day's high price with the current day's high price, and I referred to the link but could not find it.

How can I do what I asked above?

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your note.

You would need to code a custom NinjaScript indicator that compares the previous day's high price with the current day's high price, saves the previous day's high price to a Series<double> variable, and update that variable with the current day's high price when your condition triggers. Or, you would need to find an existing indicator that accomplished this.

That indicator could then be added to a Market Analyzer column and you could create cell conditions for that indicator column.

This thread will be open for other community members to share their insights on a possible existing indicator that accomplishes your goals.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I am not very familiar with NinjaScript coding, so if possible, I would appreciate it if you could provide me with instructions and sample code.

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Thanks for your note.

The C# programming language is used for developing NinjaScript indicators and strategies.

To create a NinjaScript indicator, open a New > NinjaScript Editor window, select the '+' tab at the bottom of the Editor window, select 'New Indicator'. Then, you could set up as much of the indicator as possible in the Indicator Builder. This will create the framework of the indicator or strategy

Once you finish setting up as much as possible in the Indicator Builder, you must manually program the rest of the indicator in a NinjaScript Editor window.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

Here is a link to our publicly available training video, 'NinjaScript Editor 401', for you to view at your own convenience.

NinjaScript Editor 401 - https://youtu.be/H7aDpWoWUQs?list=PL...We0Nf&index=14

If you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our help guide first:
                    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_concepts.htm

See the help guide pages below for how to access the PriorDayOHLC indicator and CurrentDayOHL indicator in a custom NinjaScript indicator. The help guide documentation below also contains sample code.

PriorDayOHLC: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_day_ohlc.htm
                    CurrentDayOHL: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt_day_ohl.htm

Other useful resources on learning C# that are publicly available:

NinjaScript Debugging
                    Softsteel Soluions
                    CSharp Essentials
                    C# Station
                    The Code Project

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Please allow us to follow up with you.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                        Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much.

I will check with my consultant.

I'm sure I will ask you again about something else.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          168 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sidlercom80  
                          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred