Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

the execution is also strange, it enters as "LE" and exits as "external"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    the execution is also strange, it enters as "LE" and exits as "external"

    the execution is also strange, it enters as "LE" and exits as "external"
    Attached Files

    #2
    Hello rocker84,

    External means the order was either not submitted from NinjaTrader, or was submitted and then filled while NinjaTrader was disconnected.

    This could be an order submitted by a broker or from another platform.

    You would not be seeing this order in the Strategy Performance window.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hello rocker84,

      External means the order was either not submitted from NinjaTrader, or was submitted and then filled while NinjaTrader was disconnected.

      This could be an order submitted by a broker or from another platform.

      You would not be seeing this order in the Strategy Performance window.
      No other trade was made in those minutes. The "2s" order should not appear in the stoploss order. Do I have to configure something additional in the orders so that they are sent correctly? Or is it a sync issue like in QA-5850 ?

      Thanks
      Last edited by rocker84; 08-11-2022, 12:36 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Hello rocker84,

        I'm not seeing that 2s is showing on the stop loss order in the screenshot you have posted.

        I would not expect this to appear for an execution that originated or filled outside of NinjaTrader, as NinjaTrader wouldn't know the position when the order is submitted.

        May I confirm that this related to the thread you are posting in?
        This conversation is about the StopTargetHandling with a strategy when connected to TD Ameritrade.
        Is your inquiry about the StopTargetHandling with TDA?

        Be sure to make a new thread for new inquiries.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hello rocker84,

          I'm not seeing that 2s is showing on the stop loss order in the screenshot you have posted.

          I would not expect this to appear for an execution that originated or filled outside of NinjaTrader, as NinjaTrader wouldn't know the position when the order is submitted.

          May I confirm that this related to the thread you are posting in?
          This conversation is about the StopTargetHandling with a strategy when connected to TD Ameritrade.
          Is your inquiry about the StopTargetHandling with TDA?

          Be sure to make a new thread for new inquiries.
          Please take a look at attachments
          Attached Files

          Comment


            #6
            It is running on TDA with "by strategy position", Im really don't know if its related or not. I can open another topic, but I didn't want to create more work for you if it's related.

            Comment


              #7
              Hello rocker84,

              The orange order is stuck. A working order is not an execution. If this is a live brokerage order disconnect and re-connect to clear the order. If this is the Sim101 reset the Sim101.

              This does not appear related to be related to conversation in this thread.

              Moving forward, please make a new forum thread for new inquiries.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                Hello rocker84,

                The orange order is stuck. A working order is not an execution. If this is a live brokerage order disconnect and re-connect to clear the order. If this is the Sim101 reset the Sim101.

                This does not appear related to be related to conversation in this thread.

                Moving forward, please make a new forum thread for new inquiries.
                Thank to move to a new topic. This was on a real account.

                This was the main error:

                I am trying to make simple strategies in TDA, market entry and exit with stoploss or profit target (without scaling). In the first test that I did in TOS everything did be ok during the trade ,1lot for each order in the OCO, however in Ninjatrader the stoploss was "2S".

                The stoploss was reached and there was a pending stoploss order "1S", the strategy desynchronized and did not generated a new trade after a few candles. In TOS everything ran fine. The oco, and the cancellation of the profit target.

                The code is very simple:

                difflong = Close[0] - MIN(Low,KA2)[0];
                if (CrossAbove(MACD2.Default, MACD2.Avg, 1) && Position.Quantity == 0)
                {
                SetStopLoss(@"LE",CalculationMode.Price, Math.Floor((Close[0]-difflong*KA1-TickSize)/TickSize)*TickSize,false);
                SetProfitTarget(@"LE",CalculationMode.Price, Math.Ceiling((Close[0]+difflong*KA3)/TickSize)*TickSize,false);
                this.TimeInForce = TimeInForce.Day;
                EnterLong(Convert.ToInt32(LotsSize), "LE");
                }
                this.TimeInForce = TimeInForce.Gtc;


                ​​​​​​​So, how can I avoid this error? I want to enter with a market order, and placing a target and a stoploss on a TDA live account, a very simple strategy.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hello rocker84,

                  Thank you for your reply.

                  My name is Emily and I am responding on behalf of Chelsea, who is not in the office today. I would like to review your diagnostic information in order to provide an accurate analysis of what happened with your orders. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

                  You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

                  Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

                  Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN: Emily 03101791


                  In addition, please answer all of the following questions in the body of your email (this information doesn't need to be answered publicly on the forums):
                  • What instrument were you trading? Based on your screenshots, it was AMD, correct?
                  • When did this most recently occur?
                  • What Order ID was assigned to these orders? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center as well as in the Trade Performance report at Control Center > New > Trade Performance.
                  • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

                  Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this with you.
                  Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post
                    Hello rocker84,

                    Thank you for your reply.

                    My name is Emily and I am responding on behalf of Chelsea, who is not in the office today. I would like to review your diagnostic information in order to provide an accurate analysis of what happened with your orders. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

                    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

                    Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

                    Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN: Emily 03101791


                    In addition, please answer all of the following questions in the body of your email (this information doesn't need to be answered publicly on the forums):
                    • What instrument were you trading? Based on your screenshots, it was AMD, correct?
                    • When did this most recently occur?
                    • What Order ID was assigned to these orders? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center as well as in the Trade Performance report at Control Center > New > Trade Performance.
                    • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

                    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this with you.
                    Please confirm that you have received the email. I checked the option to send myself a copy but nothing has arrived.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Hello rocker84,

                      Thank you for your patience.

                      I can confirm receipt of your message and replied to you via email as well for confirmation. I will follow up as soon as I have an update for you.

                      Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.
                      Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                      Comment

                      Latest Posts

                      Collapse

                      Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RobotSyndicate, 07-16-2022, 06:28 AM
                      2 responses
                      57 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post RobotSyndicate  
                      Started by tarikmedjber, Today, 03:45 AM
                      1 response
                      21 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post tarikmedjber  
                      Started by ironwarriorsale, Today, 03:33 AM
                      0 responses
                      14 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ironwarriorsale  
                      Started by ironwarriorsale, Today, 03:31 AM
                      0 responses
                      13 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ironwarriorsale  
                      Started by ChainsawDR, Today, 02:36 AM
                      0 responses
                      20 views
                      0 likes
                      Last Post ChainsawDR  
                      Working...
                      X