How to Increase ram Usuage for NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Increase ram Usuage for NT8?

I called and talked with someone once before at Ninja Trader about how much Ram is allocated in NT8 and he took me into the code for NT8 and we increased it x2 which worked perfectly.

I need to do this agin as I had to install a fresh copy and the graphics are laggy again. Its not the computer, trust me.

Can someone there please take me through the steps to increase the maximum Ram used by NT8 so I can adjust it again please.
    Thanks
    Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for writing in.

NinjaTrader will dynamically request RAM as it is needed.

You will want to ensure you are using the NinjaTrader 8 (64-bit) icon to open the platform to ensure you are using the 64-bit version of NinjaTrader instead of 32-bit version.

If there was something else that you and the technician did together, please find that email correspondence and let us know the Ticket Number it was associated with so we may look into what they could have done.

If your workspace is slowing down and starting to experience delays, I suggest reading through the following Help Guide link and ensuring you are using as many of the tips and suggestions within your workspace as feasible:You can also open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor to see if there are any NinjaScripts or items jumping to the top of the list and causing high numbers of delay:
    • Go to the Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output > Right-click on the window that appears > Click NinjaScript Utilization Monitor
    • Please see the following link for more information on the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Clayton. I am using the 64Bit Version, I have 20G of ram Allocated in Paralles to run Windows which should be more than enough. The technician did make changes with me which helped greatly however it wasnt Via email. I made an appointment for a screen share and we did it that way.

I cant remeber where in the NT8 files it was, however I do remeber increasing memory from 15**mb to 3000-4000mb as saved it. I ran much better after that. Im pretty sure it was a ram allocation thing inside the NT8 files in File Explorer.

I have 6 charts open on the same company with different time frames on each. The problem im having is the cusor is moving across the screen jumpy and when I draw it is slow to respond and slow opening workspaces and saving them. Could you ask around about the memory thing as that was great.
      Kind Regards
      Stuart

Comment

Hello SAITON,

Thank you for the update.

There is no way to change the amount of RAM that NinjaTrader uses.
        • The NinjaTrader Platform will request RAM as it is needed
        Since you are using Parallels, it is possible for you to change how much RAM is being allocated to the Windows side of the computer. That is then going to dictate how much RAM is available for NinjaTrader to use.

If your Mouse is lagging and falling behind, this is most often due to a Calculation Intensive Workspace resulting in Rendering delays.

To quickly/easily compare:
        • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > new > Call it "Test" > Click OK
        • Go to New > Chart > Make a new chart > Make sure "Template" in the top right corner is set to <None> > DO NOT use any 3rd party items on this chart.
        • Go to Workspaces > save the "Test" workspace > Restart NinjaTrader
        • It should open up to this basic workspace. Do you still experience the same kind of freezing or lag here in this basic workspace without anything else added in?
          • Now, open the old/original workspace. Do things start freezing/lagging again?
          • If yes, this verifies that the workspace has too much going on and cannot keep up with the workspace's demands
            • If this is the case, you will want to remove things from the Old/Original workspace 1-by-1 until it speeds up. Once it does, you will know the last thing you removed was the culprit and can then reach out to the developers for more information on why its happening.
            • Or, switch back to the Test workspace and build it back up 1-by-1, if the lagging behavior comes back, you will know it was from the last thing you brought back in.
        To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
        • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
        • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
        • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
        • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of it's contents
          • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
          • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
          • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
          • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
          • Please click here for a video demonstration
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM