Ninja tarder 8 converting symbol name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja tarder 8 converting symbol name

Hi, why does NinjaTrader 8 converts the inserted symbol $NIFTY_BANK-NSE to $NIFTY_BANK_NSE.... it's an index and this symbol is present in ESIGNAL12
    Due to this while exporting historical data it says not a valid symbol.

Also i don't know where my message in a thread is pushed so can you please guide me for that aswell before so that i can enter the particular thread where my post is moved

any help will be appreciated
    Thanks

Hello rishi,

Thank you for posting.

The symbol that you view on the chart does not dictate the data populating, but rather its symbol mapping does. Could you please provide the symbol map of the instrument you are using? To do this, please follow the steps below:
    • Within your NinjaTrader 8 Control Center, go to Tools>Instruments
    • Locate the $NIFTY_BANK_NSE Instrument
    • Double click on it to bring out the Edit panel
    • Under Esignal Symbol Mapping, what do you see? Is it possible to provide a screenshot?
    Additionally, for more assistance in seeing how Topics and Posts are routed, please see the link below:Thanks again, I look forward to assisting you further.
    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the response
      I am getting little difficulty to under what really to do because I never before used ninja trader.
      Let me tell you my steps - what I am trying to do is Insert the same symbol that is $NIFTY_BANK-NSE as its present in ESIGNAL12 then inside Tools>Import>Stock Symbol List then inside that I type $NIFTY_BANK-NSE I have attached photo for that.
      After this I go again on Tools>Export>Historical data after data getting downloaded when i set exact date for the export and click it then it says- "Not a valid Symbol".

But in Documents>Ninja Trader 8> db > minute > $NIFTY_BANK_NSE the ".Last.ncd" file are being made.

Also inside tools > instruments the symbol was only visible after in did the above steps.

And the thing you asked for -> attached a photo for that as well. In this 2 exchanges are shown one is NSE and another i default
      If possible can you please tell is there a way using Ninja trader and esignal as data provider that I can download Historical data for banknifty (its an index on NSE India)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You SergeS
      Sincerely
      Rishi

Comment

Also for like Nifty there was predefined symbol ^NIFTY and then data was easily downloaded in ninja trader is there any symbol for bank nifty in Ninja Trader 8

Comment

Hello rishi,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately these are not the screenshots I have requested. I would like to take a look at the symbol mapping that is being used for ESignal to Ensure it is correct, as that is what is responsible for displaying historical data.

Please follow the steps from my post above again to arrive at the correct place to grab a screenshot. I have linked them again below:
          • Within your NinjaTrader 8 Control Center, go to Tools>Instruments
          • Locate the $NIFTY_BANK_NSE Instrument
          • Double click on it to bring out the Edit panel
          • Under Esignal Symbol Mapping, what do you see? Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

Thanks again, I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello,
            I have attached it below please have a look.

Comment

Also is there way to download data like for every 1min and every 5min for a symbol

Comment

Hello Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm happy to check into this further with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes