Time Zone Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Zone Setting

Hi, I trade US futures. Which time zone setting of my desktop is the most proper I need to choose? if the desktop time zone is set to other time region, will the live data & charting pattern be impacted? thank you

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When using NinjaTrader 8, it's possible to change Time Zone in the platform.

To change a Time Zone in the NinjaTrader 8 platform, please go to Control Center->Tools->Options->General. Then select the desired Time Zone and click OK.

After that you would need to restart the platform.

Plus make sure to reload historical data on your chart by right clicking on a background of the chart and selecting Reload all historical data.

Here is a link to the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8//NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?general_section.htm

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Oxana for the feedback, I learned useful information. Then I want to confirm (1) which time zone is the default one for trading US futures? (2) My current PC time zone is in East Asia, if I manually set a time zone to US eastern time through Control Center->General, the live data & chart will follow the eastern time market, right?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Hello!

I have other problems, but I want someone to one if they could not have someone of them more ..

My problem:
          I see that when I connect to TWS IB, after that, I have the following error, that I do not have before (I see it in the log):
          "2022-09-22 11:10:05:231|3|4|Received unknown error/warning: End Date/Time: The date, time, or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format is yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss xx/xxx where yyyymmdd and xx/xxx are optional. E.g.: 20031126 15:59:00 US/Eastern Note that there is a space between the date and time, and between the time and time-zone. If no date is specified, current date is assumed. If no time-zone is specified, local time-zone is assumed(deprecated). You can also provide yyyymmddd-hh:mm:ss time is in UTC. Note that there is a dash between the date and time in UTC notation."

Well I choose in Options this:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-22 163424.png Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	1216620
          In in my COmputer:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	MyTime.png Views:	0 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	1216621
          And in IB I do not know very well where I have to do this, but a month ago, I do not have this problem.
          I try to see in IB, and only see this at end of page "Global configuration" for Futures and at end of that frame I can see this:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	ManualRoute.png Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1216622

But, could be also some problems with Strategy Builder that I use to do some strategies?

Thanks
          Jo

Comment

Hello ,
            Thank you for your post.

Most likely this happens when a different time zone is set for TWS, than your PC or NinjaTrader.

You should have an option when launching TWS to select the time zone. Please change that and see if the issue persists.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by iceman2020, Today, 06:52 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post iceman2020  
            Started by MattyU12, 09-30-2022, 07:50 PM
            1 response
            0 likes