Time Zone Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Zone Setting

Hi, I trade US futures. Which time zone setting of my desktop is the most proper I need to choose? if the desktop time zone is set to other time region, will the live data & charting pattern be impacted? thank you

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When using NinjaTrader 8, it's possible to change Time Zone in the platform.

To change a Time Zone in the NinjaTrader 8 platform, please go to Control Center->Tools->Options->General. Then select the desired Time Zone and click OK.

After that you would need to restart the platform.

Plus make sure to reload historical data on your chart by right clicking on a background of the chart and selecting Reload all historical data.

Here is a link to the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8//NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?general_section.htm

Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Oxana for the feedback, I learned useful information. Then I want to confirm (1) which time zone is the default one for trading US futures? (2) My current PC time zone is in East Asia, if I manually set a time zone to US eastern time through Control Center->General, the live data & chart will follow the eastern time market, right?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Hello!

I have other problems, but I want someone to one if they could not have someone of them more ..

My problem:
          I see that when I connect to TWS IB, after that, I have the following error, that I do not have before (I see it in the log):
          "2022-09-22 11:10:05:231|3|4|Received unknown error/warning: End Date/Time: The date, time, or time-zone entered is invalid. The correct format is yyyymmdd hh:mm:ss xx/xxx where yyyymmdd and xx/xxx are optional. E.g.: 20031126 15:59:00 US/Eastern Note that there is a space between the date and time, and between the time and time-zone. If no date is specified, current date is assumed. If no time-zone is specified, local time-zone is assumed(deprecated). You can also provide yyyymmddd-hh:mm:ss time is in UTC. Note that there is a dash between the date and time in UTC notation."

Well I choose in Options this:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-22 163424.png Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	1216620
          In in my COmputer:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	MyTime.png Views:	0 Size:	20.4 KB ID:	1216621
          And in IB I do not know very well where I have to do this, but a month ago, I do not have this problem.
          I try to see in IB, and only see this at end of page "Global configuration" for Futures and at end of that frame I can see this:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	ManualRoute.png Views:	0 Size:	14.6 KB ID:	1216622

But, could be also some problems with Strategy Builder that I use to do some strategies?

Thanks
          Jo

Comment

Hello ,
            Thank you for your post.

Most likely this happens when a different time zone is set for TWS, than your PC or NinjaTrader.

You should have an option when launching TWS to select the time zone. Please change that and see if the issue persists.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

I am receiving the same Error message as jmagaia and my charts, one stock and one futures, say loading, but nothing is happening. NT, TWS, and my desktop are all set to the Eastern Time Zone. My log file says I am connected to the IB price feed
              I alos use IB to feed MotiveWave and that works fine. Right now I cannot use NT and MW at the same time so just working with MW closed until I get NT working. I have NT Client ID set at 0 and MW at 1, but I can tackle that problem after getting NT to work alone.

Edit: I had to load an older version of TWS and now my NT charts are working, at least the few I have tested. I also now have both NT and MW working at the same time after I checked some of my settings. That was user error. I use Sentient Trader for cycle analysis and am loading IB data into NT since ST trader has a NT interface, but not one directly to IB.
              Last edited by spider64; 11-01-2022, 02:28 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

I'm starting a new post. I loaded v10.16.1 of TWS earlier today and everything was working. I used the download link in a NT thread to do that. Now that link downloads v10.19.1f of TWS and that won't link with NT. Works fine with MotiveWave. It's late on the East coast so I'm going to bed but hoping tomorrow I can contact support somewhere and find out how to get two versions that connect with each other.

I found the 1016 version of TWS is saved in jts/1016 and I can just go there and start TWS when I need to do a restart. Looks like doing that will avoid the automatic TWS update that gives me a version that won't work.

So again looks like I am back in business connecting to NT.
                Last edited by spider64; 11-02-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

That is correct, you need to be using the 10.16.1k version of TWS, listed in our Connection Guide as other versions may have unintended results.

Please also make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader — 8.0.26.1 (Help>About).

Comment

Thanks Oxana. It's been running all day. Just need to keep IB from updating TWS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred