On coloring those that rise or fall depending on the conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On coloring those that rise or fall depending on the conditions

How can I display in the Market Analyzer or on the chart as a percentage how much it has risen or fallen from the previous day's ratio, and only those that meet the criteria (e.g., color only those above 5%)?

Hello ラリー,

This is posted in the General Development section of the forums. Are you coding a custom market analyzer column?

If so, model your code after the Net change market analyzer column which shows the percent of change from the previous session close.

You will still need to use a cell condition to set the background color, just as you would with the Net change market analyzer column.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

This is posted in the General Development section of the forums. Are you coding a custom market analyzer column?
      You say "posted in the general development section of the forum." could you send me a link to that?
      Also I am not doing any coding.

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You have posted your thread in the General Development section of the forums.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...on-development

I am asking if you developing something, meaning are you programming something in C#?

If you are not developing a custom coded script in C#, this would belong in the NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion section of the forums.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ing-discussion

As you are not developing something, I have moved your thread to the NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion section of the forums.

Comment

I am asking if you developing something, meaning are you programming something in C#?
          I have not developed this case yet.
          I don't know much about C # or ninja script, so I would be more than happy to help develop it if needed.

Comment

Hello ラリー,

Does the Net change market analyzer column not achieve what you are trying to do?

This shows the percent, point, or ticks of change from the previous session close.

Comment

Does the Net change market analyzer column not achieve what you are trying to do?
              In the attached image here, I think all colors are green except orange, but you want to color only the symbols that have achieved 5% or more from the previous day's closing price once on the same day, for example.
              Also, on the chart, I would like to paint stocks that have achieved 5% or more on the chart for all arbitrarily specified periods.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello ラリー,

You can use a cell filter to change the color of cells that have a value greater than .05.
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...CellConditions

To confirm, this Market analyzer column is what you are looking for?

On a chart there is a Net change display indicator. This puts the net change on the chart as colored text.
                This indicator does not 'paint' anything

What are you trying to paint on the chart?
                This would require custom coding a new indicator to achieve.
                Are you interested in programming a new indicator in C#?
                If so, we can create a new thread in the Indicator Development section the forums.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 09-07-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

You can use a cell filter to change the color of cells that have a value greater than .05.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...CellConditions

To confirm, this Market analyzer column is what you are looking for?

Yes it is.
                  Thank you very much. It seems to have worked out well for that one.

What are you trying to paint on the chart?
                  This would require custom coding a new indicator to achieve.
                  Are you interested in programming a new indicator in C#?
                  If so, we can create a new thread in the Indicator Development section the forums.

We want to paint on the chart a candle that has achieved at least 5% from the previous day's close or high.

The attached screenshot will be from the TradeStation chart, but I think the attached screenshot is painted in light blue on the ones that have achieved 5% or more at the close, and I would like to do the same on the NinjaTreder platform.

Yes, I am interested, but I am not very knowledgeable about programming and would appreciate your support.

Thank you.
                  Please create a thread.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ラリー; 09-07-2022, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

If you have responded to my post, I would appreciate it if you could send it to me again, as I seem to be having some problems with my e-mails, notifications (not getting notifications, etc.) and other issues since the maintenance (NinjaTreder).​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes