Maximised NinjaTrader Windows on Secondary Monitors Do Not Respect Taskbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximised NinjaTrader Windows on Secondary Monitors Do Not Respect Taskbar

NinjaTrader windows should, when maximised, still display the system taskbar (if that is the system setting the user has). This seems to be the case on the primary monitor. But on secondary monitors, they completely overlap the taskbar., This is not the correct behaviour and appears to be in need of a fix.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for posting.

I have tested this on my end and was able to reproduce this behavior as well. I have forwarded this to our Development Team and will follow up as soon as I have additional information available.

Thank you for your patience.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ Much appreciated.

Thanks.
      jeronymite

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
        NinjaTrader windows should, when maximised, still display the system taskbar (if that is the system setting the user has). This seems to be the case on the primary monitor. But on secondary monitors, they completely overlap the taskbar., This is not the correct behaviour and appears to be in need of a fix.

Thanks.
        Please read the following postings as this is a known issue that has been around for 5 years!!!

Ever since the first NT8 beta I have experienced a problem where NT8 fails to recognize the presence of a task bar on the non primary monitors. This has happened with both Windows and 3rd party multi monitor task bars. This has been a reported a number of times over some years on this forum. Whenever I maximize a chart on the

NinjaTrader staff have previously replied that their particular implementation method for the windows causes this problem.

Below I have copied some text from one of my earlier postings on this topic.

"Please read the 25 postings in the attached link!
        You will see that SFT-2294 was raised in April 2019 on this topic.(posting #10)!
        You will also see that in posting Articles there is a reference to a feature request being also raised in May 2017!

Surely there is no need to raise a 3rd feature request on the same topic?

NT8 Fails to recognise Windows 10 multi monitor taskbar - NinjaTrader Support Forum
        NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Ever since the early NT8 beta days I have experienced the problem where a maximized chart window overwrites the taskbar on the non primary monitors."

I can't believe we still have to live with this issue all these years later. I run 6 monitors and it is an incredibly annoying problem.

Comment

Thanks, FMtrader The extra references are an important emphasis.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin