Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average Price, Targets, stops and fills not lining up to realtime price

Hello,

My orders this morning were filled at unexpected prices and the stops and targets did not line up on the chart when entering. I am connected to a rithmic data feed. I will check for newer version updates for NT8, I would really like to find a solution as this is account is a funded evaluation account, this has been happening 2 or 3 days now. I resync my clocks on the PC and restart NT every day.

Appreciate any solutions,

Hello BoneM4nwalkin,

Thank you for your post.

To clarify are you experiencing slippage on your entry order? Also so I can verify if you are experiencing rendering delays can you please attach a screenshot of your chart with Chart Trader enabled.

To capture a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.Alternatively to capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher, thanks for you response. I was using limit orders for entry and exit, so it was not slippage. After digging through the forums a bit, I am suspecting that the variance i was seeing was related to the rounding error inherent in the legacy heiken ashi bars. I would still like to gather more evidence for this theory, because it was strange to me that the mis quotes were also present on the DOM as well when it was happenning, any idea why it would show up there as well? I was using a HA bars for a 987 tick chart, I guess after a number of bars being drawn the rounding error got to be fairly significant. I downloaded the other Heiken ashi bar types from the user app share and applied them and so far it seems to be accurate. I did notice there were 2 seperate add ons.. can you link to a more thorough description of what these 2 add ons actually do to correct the rounding error and how to apply them?

Comment

Can you please include a link to the two add-ons you would like additional information on so I may further assist.

Comment

Hi, I had yesterday and today also my problems with the orders and their fills. I have made a video about it:

The order execution in the chart came 12 seconds after the actual fill in the chart.
          It can have nothing to do with the indicators or other, because I had the problem also in a blank chart and about the normal Chart trader determined. In addition, a friend yesterday also had lags in the chart and similar problems also in a blank chart. I suspect it is once again due to an interface between Rithmic adapter and NT, which would not be the first time.
          That's really annoying that something like that can happen at all, and hope a solution for the problem will be found as soon as possible.
          sidlercom80
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 natively provides Heiken Ashi as a bar type for most common bar types (minute, tick, volume, second, day, week, month, year). This Heiken Ashi indicator is provided for the Range, Renko and any custom bar types that may be added. The indicator performs in the same manner as the NinjaTrader 7 version. 4-27-18 […]

This is a corrected version of the Heiken Ashi BarsType that comes with NinjaTrader that aims to address the following issues: Values do not match rounded indicator (actual candle Open High and Low are not tracked and used in the BarsType) Realtime Close is incorrect (reloading historical data results in different results) The first bar […]

Comment

Originally posted by sidlercom80 View Post
              Hi, I had yesterday and today also my problems with the orders and their fills. I have made a video about it:

The order execution in the chart came 12 seconds after the actual fill in the chart.
              It can have nothing to do with the indicators or other, because I had the problem also in a blank chart and about the normal Chart trader determined. In addition, a friend yesterday also had lags in the chart and similar problems also in a blank chart. I suspect it is once again due to an interface between Rithmic adapter and NT, which would not be the first time.
              That's really annoying that something like that can happen at all, and hope a solution for the problem will be found as soon as possible.
              Thanks for your reply, I will watch the video later. Does having Rtrader Pro running or not running make any difference? Is there a plugin or anything that is needed to help the stability of the connection?

Comment

Hello sidlercom80,

Unfortunately I was unable to view your video posted to YouTube as it is currently set to Private. Do you have another link available where I can view the issue you experienced today.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  Hello sidlercom80,

Unfortunately I was unable to view your video posted to YouTube as it is currently set to Private. Do you have another link available where I can view the issue you experienced today.
                  sorry my mistake, now the video should be visible
                  sidlercom80
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Hello sidlercom80,

So I may look into the state of these orders please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes