Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow Strategy (Sim101) not active on second computer

Hi,

I have NT running on a first computer and wanted to use it on a second computer. So, I exported the backup file from 1st computer and imported it into 2nd.

Everything is fine except that the Shadow Strategies do not activate on the second computer when I use an ATM strategy.

What do I need to do to get the Shadow strategies working properly on the second PC?

Thanks!

Hello Rickee77,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Just to be clear, you are placing live trades with an ATM Strategy on your second PC and the shadow strategy that you have selected is not initiating trades on the Sim101 account?

Can you please send me a screenshot of your ATM Strategy parameters as they are on the second PC? (Please make sure to expand the 'More' section so that I can see all of the settings)
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Zachary fpr your swift response!

Yes you are correct - it's the shadow strategy is not initiating trades on the sim101 account on the second pc.

I've attached the screenshot as requested. It's exactly the same as on PC 1, and it works on PC 1.

Thanks again!

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. The Shadow strategy can not be run from a simulation account (Sim101). Please also make sure to check the ATM template from the order entry window that you are using by pressing Edit on the name, then make sure the shadow strategy is selected.

Kind regards,
        -ChrisL
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          Hi, thanks for posting. The Shadow strategy can not be run from a simulation account (Sim101). Please also make sure to check the ATM template from the order entry window that you are using by pressing Edit on the name, then make sure the shadow strategy is selected.

Kind regards,
          -ChrisL
          Thanks Chris!

This is a Live account not a sim account. NT sends shadow strategies to the sim account but my ATM strategy is running on a Live account. I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rickee, Please check the Log tab of your control center for any errors. It would not be expected for this feature to simply not work without any error message or misconfiguration. If you see no errors in the Log tab of the Control Center, please first run the installer from the link below to repair the installation.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Also ensure you are not running the same license key on both computers, make sure the old installation is shut down, then restart NinjaTrader on the new installation.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post FrancisMorro