Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Default set parameter value is updated

Hi,
    I have set Default PNL values for strategy as parameter but when it runs and stops after some time its parameter value is update to random number because of my stargey will not run and i have to reset all property manually again which is big waste of time , Can you please help me solve this.

I set -100 as default stop loss parameter but you see random number showing , why is this?
    Attached Files

Hello shankar.deshapande,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Is this a strategy you've created yourself, or one you've obtained from a third party vendor or programmer?

If one you created yourself, does anything within the script modify that value or assign anything else to that value?

A good way to figure out if something within the script is modifying the value you've set as the parameter in question would be to add prints to the strategy that will print the value of that variable so you can see what may be ocurring.

This forum post goes into great detail on how to use prints to help figure out where issues may stem from — this should get you going in the correct direction. You can even add these using the Strategy Builder.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ns-not-working

If you run into issues like we saw here, the above information will allow you to print out all values used in the condition in question that may be evaluating differently. With the printout information you can assess what is different between the two.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
    0 responses