Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance with ATM strategy

Hello,

I'm new to NinjaTrader 8 and have set up a few simple ATM strategies, but need some assistance on the proper configuration of a scalping one with a runner. I've read the documentation, but not sure if a trailing stop or an auto chase approach makes sense. If someone could provide screenshots that would be very helpful, i'm a visual person and grasp concepts best that way.

If someone could assist me setting up this scenario, I'll be able to test and modify for different scenarios. Thanks!!!

Here is what i'm looking to do.
    1. Typically I trade 5 MES at one time
    2. Upon Order fill, set up a 10pt stop loss
    3. When price moves in my favor by 6 points, move stop loss to break even(3000)
    4. When prices moves in my favor by 8 points, sell 2 contracts at market order
    5. Add a trailing stop for 6 ticks for the remaining 3 contracts
    6. When the price moves 12pts in my favor take 2 contracts at market order
    7. Leave 1 contract as a runner and sell at market if it hits profit or trailing stop (market)
    Price Contracts Stop Loss
    Initial Long Entry 3000 5 2990 (10pt)
    Moves 6 pts in favor 3006 Move to Break even (3000)
    Moves 8 pts in favor 3008 2 Take Profit - Market order
    Add Trailing stop for next 3 contracts 3008 6 ticks behind (3002)
    Moves 12pts in favor 3012 2 Take Profit - Market order
    leave Runner 40pts 3042 1 Take Profit - Market order

Hello jmoney11,

Thank you for your post!

Of course! I've provided links below to color coded screenshots with your desired parameters:
    How this will work is after 6 points (24 ticks) in your favor, Auto Breakeven will move your Stop Loss for all three targets to breakeven.

After 8 points in your favor (32 ticks), Target 1 will fill and the Auto Trail for Targets 2 and 3 will move your stop loss 6 ticks behind current price. The frequency of 1 on the Auto Trail means that with each tick in profit, the stop loss will trail by 6 ticks and will continue trailing until you are stopped out or profit targets are hit.

The Profit Target of 48 ticks (12 points) on Target 2 indicates that it will fill at 12 points.

The Profit Target of 160 ticks (40 points) on Target 3 indicates that it will fill at 40 points.

I would recommend creating ATM Strategies and then using the "Simulated Data Feed" connection to test them and make adjustments to them as you see fit.

With the Simulated Data Feed connection, it comes with a Trend Slider that you can use to make the market go up or down to see how your ATM Strategy works in ideal conditions.​

I've also provided links below to the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail sections of our help guide:
    Below are some more helpful links to our ATM 201 and ATM 301 video guides on our YouTube channel:
    Please let me know if further assistance is needed!
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kennedy!

Thank you so much for your detailed response which included screenshots!! I very much appreciate your effort and drive to answer my question.

Exceptional support!

Joe

Comment

Hello,

How would this strategy be implemented in the strategy builder?

Can the stop strategy template be built in ATM strategy then pulled into strategy builder?

Thank you

Comment

Hello phillyc,

See the forum thread linked below with a duplicate of this inquiry.
          Hello, I'm new to NinjaTrader 8 and have set up a few simple strategies that I would like to build in the Strategy Builder. I've read the documentation and I am having trouble implementing the trailing stop to my liking. If someone could provide screenshots that would be very helpful, I'm a visual person and grasp concepts

Calling Atm Strategy Templates require advanced code to call from NinjaScript and cannot be added with the Strategy Builder.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jmoney11 View Post
            Hello,

I'm new to NinjaTrader 8 and have set up a few simple ATM strategies, but need some assistance on the proper configuration of a scalping one with a runner. I've read the documentation, but not sure if a trailing stop or an auto chase approach makes sense. If someone could provide screenshots that would be very helpful, i'm a visual person and grasp concepts best that way.

If someone could assist me setting up this scenario, I'll be able to test and modify for different scenarios. Thanks!!!

If it's any help - we're a NinjaTrader vendor and released an ATM template pack (for free) + a whole course on ATMs (again, for free) with examples, all video driven, I think there is around 14 of them... might be useful but goes really in-depth into all those parameters ... https://www.xabcdtrading.com/atm-template-pack/
            xabcdtrading
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - XABCD trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post spwizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            0 responses