Greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

How do I please prevent the Superdom, Market Analyzer and 3 more charts from loading up even after I have already installed 64bit Ninjatrader 8? It reloads the same number of times everytime I I start NT8!

Hello FuturesRon,

Thank you for your post.

You originally posted this thread in the General Development section of the forums, although I have now moved it to the Technical Support topic as that seems more appropriate. What you have described sounds like one of the default workspaces that opens after updating to the latest version of NinjaTrader. If you would like your own workspace to come up on startup, please do the following:
    • Go to Control Center > Workspaces > New
    • Give your new workspace a name then click OK
    • You now have a new blank workspace opened up. As a test, click the red 'x' to close NinjaTrader
      • There will be a popup window that asks if you want to save your workspace. Select Yes
    • Launch NinjaTrader
      • Now it should launch in your newly created workspace
    • Feel free to open up whichever windows you would like to keep in your workspace, then save any changes you would like to keep for next time you open NinjaTrader
    I have included additional details regarding templates, workspaces, and backups below if you would like to read on and learn more:

Saving Chart and other window Templates

Saving Templates in NinjaTrader 8 will allow you to easily recall the custom settings made to a specific window at any time.

To save a Chart Template in NinjaTrader 8, do the following:
    • Right-click in the Chart window > hover over 'Templates' > you will then have the options to 'Load', 'Save as', or 'Save as Default'
    • Selecting 'Save As' will allow you to rename, remove, or save the current Chart as a Template that you will be able to recall on other Charts with the 'Load' option
    • Selecting 'Save as Default' will make this Chart the template that automatically opens for all future Chart windows.
    Note: The steps outlined above for saving Chart Templates may be applied to most other windows on the platform as well, including the SuperDOM and Market Analyzer. You may also right-click on the top bar of any window to create a Duplicate of it as well.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - Charts > Saving Chart Defaults and Templates

Saving Drawing Object and Indicator Templates

Indicator and Drawing Object Templates may be saved by selecting 'template > save' at the bottom of their Properties windows. You may even save these as the default for objects and indicators you create on future charts.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide - Working with Drawing Tools and Objects & Working with Indicators

Saving Workspaces

To save a Workspace in NinjaTrader 8, do the following:
    • Keep all the windows that you want to automatically re-appear on startup open
    • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down menu. Your current Workspace will have a green box icon to the left of its name.
    • Hover over the Workspace name > click 'Save' to save the Workspace using its current name, or click 'Save as' to give your Workspace a new name and its own file
    • Click 'OK' to save and apply
    • When you are ready to shut down NinjaTrader, hit the close button only from the Control Center while keeping all your other windows open. It will prompt you to 'save' your Workspace again if you would like before shutting down the entire platform.
    When you restart, the platform will automatically re-open your previous Workspace with all of the windows you had open when you last saved.

NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide: Control Center — Workspaces Menu

Templates and Backups - Summary

A few key takeaways from this walkthrough will be:
    • To ensure that you are saving your Workspaces often as you build them.
    • You will be able to recall Chart Templates at any time on any Chart, regardless of the Workspace they were originally saved in as they are independent files. It is not possible to recall Chart windows you close without a saved Chart Template.
    • The only window that needs to be closed when exiting NinjaTrader is the Control Center. Do not close other windows in your Workspace and then the Control Center. Clicking 'Save' upon exit after doing so will result in your Workspace being saved without those closed windows, and they will no longer appear when you restart NinjaTrader.
    We also recommend creating Backups every now and then to ensure that your original files are never lost in the event of an error, corruption, or crash. To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive or Dropbox.

Additional information about backups may be read here in our NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide — Backup and Restore

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for your comprehensive help, Emily C.

Comment

Terribly sorry Emily, but on second read, I feel you may have misunderstood my question.
        Here is my question:
        I am currently a demo user of Ninjatrader 8.I searched for my Ninjatrader 8 License key and then went to https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect and downloaded a recent version of Ninjatrader 8 to my desktop. I then proceded to install a updated Ninjatrader 8. After installtion, it immediately opened several windows of the Market Analyzer, the SuperDOM, 2 Charts of Daily and 60 minute timeframes and the main Ninjatrader 8 chart. However after finishing installtion and closing all the charts, whenever I double clicked on the NT8 icon,NT8 would start but it would once again open all the extras like the Market Analyzer, SuperDOM, the daily and minute charts and Ninjatrader 8 main chart again.It does this everytime I start Ninjatrader 8. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening?
        Please help !Thank you!

Comment

Hello FuturesRon,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on your description, the Default Workspace for Multi-Asset is opening when you launch NinjaTrader. This is expected as of the 8.0.26.0 update and is mentioned in the release notes page here:

I have made a video demonstrating the steps from my previous post to create your own workspace that will launch with NinjaTrader instead of the default workspace:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Emily C. i understand now. Thanks for your explanation, links and your Screencast video.. Appreciate your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason