Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time count keeps sliding a number of seconds in market playback mode

Hi,

I'm a relatively new point-and-click trader, and I'm very excited about the playback feature in NT. I conduct most of my analysis on a 5 min. chart. So, what I do is to run the playback at 100 times normal speed. For every 3 seconds, NT draws up a new candle on the chart, I then stop the playback and do my analysis. Before I do my analysis, I need the bar to close.

Again and again, the time counter is sliding by number of seconds, meaning that I will either not see the candle fully closes or I will have started on the next bar. Each time I then have to slow down and pause the replay to get it back into sync, so I again get a full new 5 min. candle drawn in 3 seconds. I end up wasting A LOT of time doing this re-calibration.

Is there a bug in the replay feature, or is there something I can do differently to avoid this issue?

I'm focusing on CFDs and are running the SPX500 CFD in replay mode.

Hello Casper,

Thank you for your post.

Would you please test if this same thing occurs when replaying at 1x speed (normal market speed)?

I look forward to your response.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Gaby,

No, this is only a problem when I'm speeding up the replay. At 100 times normal speed, one second should span over 100 seconds of replay. Most seconds, this is also the case, an then once in a wihle it might contain 83 second or 102 or som other odd number of seconds.

Comment

Hello CasperGH,

The way the speed-slider works is more or less like a VCR. On the lowest setting, it will play 1 second of recorded data every 1 second. Much like watching a movie in real-time.

The higher you push the setting, the faster NinjaTrader will attempt to 'feed' the data to your charts. However, it will only be able to feed it as fast as the charts/indicators accept it.

That means, even if you push it to 1000x, or "Max", it will always only run as fast as the chart can accept the data.

If your chart moves slower than expected, (e.g. less than about half a minute every second, when set to "Max"), I would suggest taking a look at anything that can slow your performance down, e.g. multiple open workspaces, Tick Replay, complicated indicators,...

One option would also be to create a dedicated workspace only for playback, which could then be limited to just what you need during the playback. In short; The less NinjaTrader has to calculate/chart, the faster the playback will run.​
        Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
        Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
        0 responses
        1 view