Adding a futures contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a futures contract

I cannot figure out how to add the HE 10-22 contract.
    I am using external data feed from Tradestation. The Tradestation side is set up the same as everything else, which you can see from the image is working. The symbol mapping for external is set to LH.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NT8MarketAnalyzer.png Views:	0 Size:	23.8 KB ID:	1216702

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the message.

Are you getting the real-time market data for the HE for sure? If you are unsure, please verify with your broker to ensure the data is coming through in the first place.

When I look in my platform, HE has the "External" map as HE
    • Were you told to change this specifically? Where did you get LE?
    • Try changing the Symbol map back to HE and see if it begins working.
    If it is still not working, pleas reach out to Tradestation and verify the Symbol map that should be used to connect to HE 10-22 on their data.

If the instrument is still not working, please go to the Instruments Menu > Search the HE > Then double-click the results and send us a screenshot of how the instrument is set up.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the message.

Are you getting the real-time market data for the HE for sure? If you are unsure, please verify with your broker to ensure the data is coming through in the first place.

When I look in my platform, HE has the "External" map as HE
      • Were you told to change this specifically? Where did you get LE?
      • Try changing the Symbol map back to HE and see if it begins working.
      If it is still not working, pleas reach out to Tradestation and verify the Symbol map that should be used to connect to HE 10-22 on their data.

If the instrument is still not working, please go to the Instruments Menu > Search the HE > Then double-click the results and send us a screenshot of how the instrument is set up.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
      As I explained, I am using external data feed from Tradestation. the Tradestation symbol for Lean Hogs is LH. My data is working for a bunch of other symbols, but I can't make it work for Lean Hogs.

Comment

I have finally got the HE contract to update from my external data feed. However, the external data feed is sending prices for HE 10-22 and the contract month being updated in NT is HE 12-22. The contract specs for HE calls for trading to terminate on the 10th business day of the contract month, so I would expect the current front month to be 10-22 and not 12-22.

Help me out.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for the update.

As we do not have a test account for Tradestation, we will need to work together to find the correct instrument settings to have this instrument plot as expected.
          • Within the Symbol map instructions for NinjaTrader and Tradestation, there was a note that, " * Most popular futures contracts already have mapping set up" So, I wasn't sure if the symbol map that was in there for the HE was correct or not. Which, it sounds like it may not have been.

Please take a screenshot of what this instrument looks like in a Trade Station chart and then what then what the instrument looks like in a NinjaTrader chart along with the Instrument settings.
          • Then, go to the Control Center > Instruments > Search for the HE > Double-click it
          • Take a screenshot of the Instrument settings window and include that in your response. If you need to take multiple to show all of the window's settings, please do so.

If you would like to get even more detailed and specific, you could use the following steps to write into Platform Support directly with your Log and Trace files so we may look through those and see if there is any additional information being provided. Do not share these over the forum as it is publicly facing and the log and trace files contain private information.
          • Go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support
          • Select: Platform Technical Support
          • Enter the subject as: Clayton ATTN 03298552"
          • You can "Attach" 1 picture file or compress them all into a single file and attach the compressed file
          • Include any additional information in the Body as desired
          • Ensure the "Log and trace files" box is checked
            • Send the email
          ​We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry!
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7  
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses