Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Candlestick Charts Freeze, Fail to Update When Changing Between Tabs

Hello,

I have been using NT8 for the better part of a year, and have repeatedly run into a problem where when changing between multiple chart tabs, upon returning to an earlier tab, it is not uncommon that the candlestick chart in this table will no longer update or show price movements on the chart. I can see that market data is still coming in because the Bid/Ask values are changing in the trading interface, but the candlestick chart itself no longer reflects these changes in real time or prints any new bars, rendering it effectively useless. I have to say, this is an extremely frustrating bug, especially when trying to execute trades live, and the only solution I've been able to find is to restart NT entirely, which is far less than ideal.

I would greatly appreciate a resolution to this bug, or suggestions for how to prevent it from happening again, as it is extremely frustrating and also costly, as it interrupts the trading process.

Thank you very much -

Hello Daveman0,

Thank you for your post.

A "Rendering Delay" can occur on your charts when they are trying to print too much information at once and cannot keep up with the current price. This may become more prevalent on your charts during periods of high volatility and fast market movement. You may also notice your orders filling immediately or being rejected as well as they are submitted to prices nowhere near the current market price. Oftentimes, this is being caused by third-party add-ons that are not efficiently rendering on your charts.

To test for a price delay on your charts, compare the Last Price shown in your Chart to the Ask/Bid in the Chart Trader or the price of the same instrument in a SuperDOM window.

If the prices match, this indicates you are not getting delayed data and that your chart is successfully showing live data. If the prices do not match, this indicates that your chart is experiencing rendering delay, meaning that it is printing too much information due to inefficient indicators or too many objects on your workspace.

If you confirm that your charts are falling behind the current market price, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor to see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms:
    • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
    • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
    • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
    • Let this window populate for at least a few minutes then send me a screenshot of its contents
      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Please let me know if you have any additional questions and we will be glad to assist you. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.​
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Gaby,

Thanks for your reply - here is the screengrab -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 6.58.49 PM.png
Views:	152
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1217068

Comment

The price is currently in synch with the Bid/Ask levels - but that OHLC indicator is clearly taking up the most processing power - let me know if you think that may be contributing. Do the number of open tabs also impact rendering speed? I only have one chart window open, but several tabs open.

Thank you -

Comment

There are two matters of concern here. First, chart rendering is not working as efficiently as one would want/expect. That topic has many posts in many threads already, and that continuing matter will no doubt be addressed via those threads too.

The second matter is relatively simple and the main reason for this post. The NinjaScript Utilization Monitor requires an enhancement. The screenshot above demonstrates the issue: the highest usage is 2,444 msec = 2.4 seconds. OK. But over what duration of monitoring? 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 days? Without an elapsed time of monitoring for comparison, this data is virtually meaningless. An elapsed time needs to be part of the monitor's display.

Thanks.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello Daveman0,

Thank you for the screenshot.

I don't think that could be contributing too much to the performance of your chart.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look further into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Case Number: 03304083 ATTN Gaby
            Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes