Setting Futures Contract Rollover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Futures Contract Rollover

Can I set when futures contracts rollover. For instance, Lean Hogs is on December, but I think it should still be on October. How do I force the contract to trade on the month I want it to.
    I am using an external data feed from Tradestation. I am also running these trades to Collective2 using their platform transmit script, so I want to make sure I get the right symbol.

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

Futures contracts do not automatically roll over. Unfortunately, there is no setting in the platform to automatically force a roll over of a contract. You may receive a notification from the platform suggesting to rollover a few days before the expiry of a contract - but you can choose to rollover whenever you like.

You can follow steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
    • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
    • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
    • Close this window when this process completes.
    You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting this link: NinjaTrader Help Guide

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link here .

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.​
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

Futures contracts do not automatically roll over. Unfortunately, there is no setting in the platform to automatically force a roll over of a contract. You may receive a notification from the platform suggesting to rollover a few days before the expiry of a contract - but you can choose to rollover whenever you like.

You can follow steps to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
      • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
      • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
      • Close this window when this process completes.
      You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting this link: NinjaTrader Help Guide

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link here .

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. Thank you for choosing NinjaTrader.​
      My problem is not rolling a contract forward. I just can't get any HE mm-yy contract to register data.
      I have tried a number of things to get any HE contract to register data, including mapping a symbol known to be working such as feeder cattle.
      Here is what I presently have. As another check, I just added LE (live cattle - not shown), but it works too.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	NTMktAnalyzerNoHE.2.png Views:	0 Size:	27.0 KB ID:	1217236
      Last edited by Atomic; 09-28-2022, 04:43 AM.

Comment

I decided to see if HE worked on NT7 and it did. After that, I started NT8, but I left the NT7 version of NtDirect.dll in place.
        I was then able to get HE to work then also. See below.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	LHQuotesNT7.png
Views:	268
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1217273Click image for larger version

Name:	LHQuotesNT8.png
Views:	254
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1217274

Comment

I didn't do anything, but it seems to be working now.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	NTMktAnalyzerNoHE.3.png
Views:	254
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	1217416

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes