Showing an Open order on Chart Trader When it is Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing an Open order on Chart Trader When it is Close

I have a multi-broker connection when I use Ninja Broker all works fine. When I use my IB for trading it always has me with 1 contract left as a position. But I am flat in the account. The only way to get rid of it is to stop and restart the connection. I can see the fills in the executions tab but it always has 1 position open in the accounts tab. But my real position is flat.

Try checking your positions tab to confirm if there is anything open. There could be a lingering Sim account order. If you do not see anything, please email [email protected] with a screenshot of your positions tab.

Comment

When it happens there will be an open position in the position tab, but in the IB account, it will be flat. If I close the position I end up long or short in my IB account and flat in the positions tab.

Comment

Hello pezram​,

Thank you for the post.

Please send us your log and trace files so that we may look into what occurred.
        • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to "Documents" > Open the "NinjaTrader 7 or 8" folder
        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please also include in the email a screenshot of your positions tab.

Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

I am still having this same issue. Once the strategy completes all orders and contracts are executed on IB. But Ninja shows a position still working. If I try to close it on Ninja it will execute an order on IB.

Comment

Hello pezram,

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker's trade desk to manage your positions/orders

Once you have closed the positions/orders with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.

Next please confirm you have TWS 10.16.1k installed. You can check what version of TWS you are running in TWS under Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #.

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 10.16.1k. If you are running another version of TWS please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 10.16.1k via the following link:Once TWS 10.16.1k has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
            ​Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did all the following you suggested above, still having the same problem.

Comment

Please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes