Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connection lost

Hello,

in one of the traderooms I´m with there was the announcement that in case of lost connection one has to call NinjaTrader order desk.

My information for the last years has been that the stop resides on NT-servers or exchange and the stops (and targets oco) work even when internet connction is lost on the computer running NinjaTrader. So I want to ask now after some time again when trading with NinjaTrader-Brokerage and continuum datafeed if stops (and targets oco) will work when my internet connection is lost. If so then I dont need to call by phone. (I know that trailing stop is not working when connection is lost as this works from my pc, but this should work then with the "last submitted trial stop"?)

Thank you!
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 09-30-2022, 02:47 AM. Reason: translation error

Hello,
    Thank you for your post.

The location of your orders depends upon their submission status when the outage occurs and the connection type you're using.
    Please note that submitting an entry order with an ATM attached will only submit that entry order. The platform must be open and connected when the entry order is filled to properly submit any attached stop loss and target orders.

If you are connecting using NinjaTrader Continuum as a provider, any orders in an 'Accepted' or 'Working' state will be at either the exchange's servers or the brokers servers. You may view a breakdown of where orders reside for each provider at the link below:
    For more information on order state definitions please visit the link below:

Feel free to write in if you have any additional questions.​
    Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I´m not sure if I understand correctly (and this is important so one has to understand 100%) "...an entry order with an ATM attached will only submit hat entry order". It does not submit the stop and target same time? Are you referring to a limit order where maybe connection is lost between submit and fill of entry order? If its a market entry order (so the platform is open that moment) stop and target are there, yes?

The core of the question is if internet connection from Europe to US is lost during a trade if then the stop and target will work even when not connected, will target be cancelled if stop is hit or stop cancelled if target is hit when working with datafeed/brokerage is continuum/NT-brokerage?

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the note.

If you use a Market order with the ATM strategy attached to enter a position, your Market order should get filled in a few seconds, so will see Profit target and Stop loss submitted by the strategy right away.

When using a Limit order to enter the position with the ATM strategy attached, your platform has to be open and running, so once your Limit order gets filled and you have an open position, the platform can submit Profit target and Stop loss based on your strategy.

Once your Profit target and Stop loss are submitted and enter a working / accepted state, these orders are now on the exchange's servers or the brokers servers. If the internet connection is lost after this, these orders will continue working but all stop strategy logic (if selected with the ATM Strategy, like Trailing stop) controlling the stop loss will cease. The order is still there protecting the position, but any trailing action would stop as NinjaTrader would not be able to communicate the change order requests to move the order.

OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is built in within the ATM Strategy and natively supported on CQG/Continuum servers, please see the disclaimer section here for more information: http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide
        So if you are using a Continuum connection, once your Profit target or Stop loss gets filled, the other order should be canceled automatically, even if you are not connected.

In case of trading emergency, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Oxana; 10-03-2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

this is great information, is this the same for Kinetick as well?

Comment

Kinetick is a data provider only, not a brokerage technology, so no order routing is available.

If you trade a Simulation account while getting real-time Market data via Kinetic, since it's a local account on your PC, your platform has to be open and running for orders to get filled.

You may view a breakdown of where orders reside for each provider/brokerage technology at the link below:

Comment

Thanks for this clarification tonynt and NT_Oxana

NT_Oxana, when using one of the funding companies like Apex or Leeloo, through Rithmic, limit orders show as Working, but presumably aren't at the exchange, is this correct?
              Are such orders working on Rithmic's servers, so still protected from a local power out, or is everything in this scenario simulated on the local machine?
              Thanks

Comment

Bend70​, you will need to reach out to your broker to verify it.

You may view a breakdown of where orders reside for each provider/brokerage technology at the link below:For more information on order state definitions please visit the link below:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005
                by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM