Livestream Event Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livestream Event Button

How do I remove the Livestream event button from the Control Centre?

Hello FatCanary,

Thank you for writing in.

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the Live stream "Watch" button at this time.
    • If the Control Center window is small and the "Watch" button is covering the other icons, the current resolution is to make the window bigger so that the other buttons are visible.
    • We have already reported this behavior to our development team for further investigation.

This feature was added with the update to NinjaTrader 8.0.26.1.Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was afraid you would say it wasn't removable, but thanks for confirming.

It's not that the button is covering anything else, I just don't want that buttton.

Comment

#FatCanary - there are several threads on this Forum already detailing firstly the disastrous manner in which this ‘feature’ was implemented (causing ludicrous data download), and introduced, and secondly that many Users immediately reacted that irrespective of impact on performance or UI problems (‘if it covers other buttons ‘cos your CC window is ‘too small’, make it bigger’. If I wanted CC bigger, it would be bigger….) they do not want its functionality and is a distraction.
        Which appears to be your view.
        It is now a ‘Feature Request’ to disable and/or remove this ‘Feature’. May I ask that you request your Vote be added (FWIW). Best course of action is public expression of dissatisfaction

Comment

Hi brucerobinson

Many thanks for that info.
          I did try searching before I posted, but, at the time, I didn't find anything.

You are correct, I don't want the functionality, and I find it a distraction.
          Last edited by FatCanary; 10-04-2022, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the updates.

I have added your votes to this feature request.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-5545. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Hello #NinjaTrader_Clayton,

This has reminded me of something I asked of Support and other Users in one of the other threads on this topic, got no assistance from Support but a solution from another User which was to block a range of IP addresses this unwanted functionality is polling in their Firewall.
              However this seemed it may be a somewhat inelegant solution insofar as the User seemed to have 'guessed' at what range to use (I may be doing them a disservice).

Kindly provide the relevant IP address(es) so that this can be done more precisely.

Kind regards,

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for the message.

We were aware of the Watch button potentially demanding higher network usage when the update to 8.0.26.1 was released and have done a minor update without changing the version number since then to modify impact.
                • If you updated to 8.0.26.1 when it was first released, I suggest trying a simple uninstall of NinjaTrader 8 and then downloading the installer from NinjaTrader.com and reinstalling the platform to see if there is any change.
                  • Go to the Windows Control Panel > Uninstall NinjaTrader
                  • Use the following link to redownload and then install NinjaTrader: https://ninjatrader.com/
                  • From here you can see if t
                We are tracking interest in this topic and are looking into a Change Request to change how the "Watch" feature is implemented within the NinjaTrader platform.

Unfortunately, we do not have any further documentation on what servers would need to be disabled to disable certain features within the NinjaTrader platform.

If there are any other users who have any further information or experience with this subject, please feel free to share your findings with the community!

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello #NinjaTrader_Clayton,
                  I am aware of all that from the other posts on the topic to which I have contributed.

‘We were aware of the Watch button potentially demanding higher network usage when the update to 8.0.26.1 was released and have done a minor update without changing the version number since then to modify impact.’
                  ’Potentially demanding higher network usage’ …. 26Gb/day and yet Development chose to release it.
                  It then took many Users hours to figure out what was going on, Development to acknowledge what they already knew and 9 months to fix since first reported.
                  So yes, I’m aware of the 26.1 ‘fix’ release but never updated to 26.1 due to the above. 26.1 offers me no benefit over 26.0 other than a ‘feature’, like the many Users voting, do not wish to have, has been known to cause problems and if present wish to be able to at the least disable and preferably remove, like many others.
                  Until this functionality is added, I am ‘stuck’ on an unsupported version, or risk installing 26.1 with no way to disable this unwanted ‘feature’ which may affect platform performance.

I do not understand how Development can not know what ip addresses they have programmed the software to poll which causes the data download (which 26.0 does not).

This is not helpful.
                  Kind regards,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                    Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you for the message.

We were aware of the Watch button potentially demanding higher network usage when the update to 8.0.26.1 was released and have done a minor update without changing the version number since then to modify impact.[LIST][*]If you updated to 8.0.26.1 when it was first released, I suggest trying a simple uninstall of NinjaTrader 8 and then downloading the installer from NinjaTrader.com and reinstalling the platform to see if there is any change.

Thank you in advance!
                    I have done as directed by uninstalling NT8 and then downloading the installer from Ninjatrader.com. after reinstalling the platform there is no change. The live button is now green sucking up data from garbage that I'm not interested in.

Comment

Hello Andy,

Thank you for the note.

Unfortunately, there is still no way to remove the Watch button from the platform.

If you re-downloaded the 8.0.26.1 installer recently and then reinstalled NinjaTrader you have performed the current steps available to reduce its impact.

We are aware of the desire to modify the way this feature works and the development team has been informed so they may look into changing it in the future.

Once there is a new version of NinjaTrader released, you may check the release notes to see if/what changes have been implemented.Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Please, add my vote to remove this annoying button.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello chinook77,

Thank you for writing in.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-5545. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.​

Comment

#AndyM #chinook77

There are several threads which you may find useful where other Users have had success blocking this garbage using Firewalls.

Hello Support, I recently upgraded to 8.0.26.1 64-bit version. That was yesterday... so I'm not sure if NT is going through some slow process over time to collect historical data as this is a fresh install... but I'm monitoring the data NT is pulling and it is continually downloading in a very systematic way. Please see a

Zero assistance from Support or Development.

Re: Development ‘may’ consider this Feature Request and to check Release Notes of new versions. At the time of Clayton’s Reply 26.1 (see threads for debacle on that ‘Fix’ with same Version number causing further problems) had already been superseded by 27.0 and no Fix or Feature so my guess is this unwanted data-consuming annoyance remains as 26.1.1 so don’t be misled into thinking there is any intention in doing anything about this. To not inform you 26.1 has already been replaced and not addressed in 27 beggars belief. Or it should but doesn’t.
                            Hence you may want to block it.
                            I’m stuck on 26.0 due to this garbage and Ninja’s pathetic Support & Development.
                            Users are already reporting problems with 27.0 so I await 27.1
                            #Fightback
                            #Zerotolerance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                            5 responses