disappearing lines/objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disappearing lines/objects

hi. my lines and rectangles disappear off my chart when i recentre the chart or change timeframes. it is random as it doesnt always happen so cant pinpoint anything specific. is there any help for this please....

Hello Alesiosc,

Drawing objects can disappear when their anchor points are not close enough in display. Please click and hold your left mouse button below the time axis and move to the right. This will compress the time axis, so more data is displayed. This could bring the anchor points in display, which in turn can cause the drawing object to appear again. You can do the same with the price axis - click and hold the left mouse button on the right side of the price axis and move downwards.

If this will not work, please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Increase the 'Days to load' setting and check if the missing drawing objects are displayed.

If you right click in the chart and select Drawing Tools-->Drawing Objects, do you see the drawing objects that disappeared there?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you. i will try these.

Comment

hi. ive been trying your suggestions on the weekly chart. i changed from 1825 days to 2000 bars and various in between but when i change to daily then back to weekly the rectangles have disappeared again. ive also tried adjusting the time and price axiss with no joy either. any more help would be appreciated please

Comment

If you right click in the Weekly chart and select Drawing Tools-->Drawing Objects, do you see the rectangles that disappeared there?

Did you still see the rectangles after changing to a Daily chart?

Once you apply the rectangle, please double click it and click Data in the new window that opens. Create a screenshot of the Time and Y values. When the rectangle disappears, could it be the Time and Y values are not included in the display of the chart?

Comment

whilst they are on the chart they are in the drawing objects window. but once they have disappeaeared from the chart they are no longer there. if i place the rectangles on the chart, open drawing objects window they are there. as soon as i close the drawing objects window they have gone again. data values are there but once i close this window the rectangle disappears too.... Click image for larger version

Name:	64) 05-10-2022_ 19.46.28.png
Views:	154
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1218186

Comment

Could it be you exit NinjaTrader without saving the workspace? Drawing objects in the charts are saved when you save the workspace.

If I understand correctly, you apply a rectangle, open the Drawing Tools-->Drawing Objects window and then close it, the rectangle is now disappeared, correct? If so, are you able to reproduce this consistently?

Could it be the rectangle is accidently deleted? Do you use the "Delete" key button on your keyboard?

In addition, what NinjaTrader version do you have installed (8.0.xx.x). You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

Comment

?1 = No
                ?2 = Yes, you are correct
                ?3 = It happens every time i close the drawing objects window. but, it doesnt happen on the M1, M5, M15, H1. which all have their Show Global Draw Objects checked. the H4, D1 and weekly dont and they all disappear from these charts.
                ?4 = No
                ?5 = No
                version attached Click image for larger version

Name:	65) 06-10-2022_ 10.41.15.png
Views:	121
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	1218284

Comment

You have a previous version installed (8.0.24.3). Can you please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.26.1) using the instructions below and check if the issue persists.
                  • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
                  • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
                  • Download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version from the link below.
                  • https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Comment

ok i will. thanks. but dont like to.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton