Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar time font size and color

Hi,

I am using 1-min chart with an indicator of BarTimer for count down the time; but the display font size is a bit too small, also the color is white which is not obvious to see. Wonder if the timer font size can be increased and with other more obvious colors.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Glad to assist. Unfortunately there is not a method change the font of the indicator text at this time. My apologies for any inconvenience.

I will, however, forward a note to our development team on your behalf so interest and feedback in this feature is tracked for future feature consideration.

The ID for this request is SFT-1256. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.​​
    Alaura Q.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Alaura!

Comment

Hi , i have installed yesterday from ninjatrader Ecosystem the Bartimercounter for version 8 app. I get errors on my script editor CODE : CS 0169. Can someone please advice how i can solve this issue .Thanks

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Are you referring to the indicator found here?
          Combined Bar Timer, Tick Counter and Volume counter with alert capability. Will switch display automatically to correct type for chart. Alert settings (levels) can be individually set, individually enabled and sound can be enabled. Alert will play sound once (if enabled) and will change text color and backgound to highlight that the value is less […]

I've imported this and tested and found this to be working.

Let's find out what's causing the compile error on your end.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator in NinjaTrader 8. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
          • Open NinjaTrader
          • From the Control Center click the New menu -> select NinjaScript Editor
          • On the right open any script, such as the Indicators -> ADL script
          • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all scripts
          • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
          • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, correct references, remove the complete indicator, or debug it to be able to compile again.
          Please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.

(Click and drag on the small faint separator between column heads, just to the right of the Error column, to expand that column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
          Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
          Click here for detailed instruction

Last, I am including a link to the help guide with further suggestions.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...jascript_p.htm
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Chelsea,
            i have attached a screenshot from error message .I have followed your instruction . It shows only compile don't have the option compile to all .I only did Compile .
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bullseye,

This is a warning and can be ignored.

Are you unable to find the indicator in the Indicators window?

Comment

Hi ChelseaB & Bullseye, this is what I am looking for, pure gold, thanks, working nicely at my side...

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                  Hello Bullseye,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Are you referring to the indicator found here?
                  Combined Bar Timer, Tick Counter and Volume counter with alert capability. Will switch display automatically to correct type for chart. Alert settings (levels) can be individually set, individually enabled and sound can be enabled. Alert will play sound once (if enabled) and will change text color and backgound to highlight that the value is less […]

I've imported this and tested and found this to be working.

Let's find out what's causing the compile error on your end.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling an indicator in NinjaTrader 8. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                  • Open NinjaTrader
                  • From the Control Center click the New menu -> select NinjaScript Editor
                  • On the right open any script, such as the Indicators -> ADL script
                  • Right click in the window and select Compile to compile all scripts
                  • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
                  • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, correct references, remove the complete indicator, or debug it to be able to compile again.
                  Please send me a screenshot of the error with the error column fully expanded so that I may read the entire error message.

(Click and drag on the small faint separator between column heads, just to the right of the Error column, to expand that column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
                  Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
                  Click here for detailed instruction

Last, I am including a link to the help guide with further suggestions.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...jascript_p.htm
                  This indicator does not work with candles like MirrorBars. It remains with "BarTimer waiting for realtime data before starting". All other Bartimers work with MirrorBars no problem. But the reason I like this particular version one can remove "Time Remaining =" text and also indicate which corner I would like to see the timer. Can't specify font size though, which would be great. But working with MirrorBars is essential.

Comment

Hello terua9,

Unfortunately, this would be a limitation of the Mirror barsType. This bar type is not based on time or based on a set amount of ticks or volume. Instead it relies on an underlying bar type for logic to close the bars. I would recommend that you add the indicator to the underlying bar type directly, and optionally set the colors for this to transparent to hide this from the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
                      Hello terua9,

Unfortunately, this would be a limitation of the Mirror barsType. This bar type is not based on time or based on a set amount of ticks or volume. Instead it relies on an underlying bar type for logic to close the bars. I would recommend that you add the indicator to the underlying bar type directly, and optionally set the colors for this to transparent to hide this from the chart.
                      Well, again read my message carefully. ALL other BarTimers work on MirrorBars except BarTimerCounter v1.3. That is a bit strange don't you think?

Comment

Hello terua9,

This custom bar type is not designed to work with mirror bars. You can review the code on lines 81 to 143 where the barTypes supported are in the conditions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                        9 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post Gavini
                        by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM
                        0 responses