Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simultaneously live trading and developing/testing in Market Replay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneously live trading and developing/testing in Market Replay?

Hello Support,

I'm quite sure I know the answer but will ask anyway. With a Lifetime license (or any license), is there anyway to have a live connection (NT Brokerage with Continuum data feed) with a strategy running and also be testing in Market Replay/Playback Connection?
    With the Playback Connection established, I tried to connect to Continuum. It gives a popup: My NT Continuum: You can't connect while having an open 'Playback Connection' connection (Panic).
    With the Continuum connection established, it gives this popup: Playback Connection: Please close all other connections before connecting to 'Playback Connection' (Panic)

I'm quite sure that answers my question. That is, no, having a connection with Playback and a live connection is not an option.

So, I would like the ability to both have running strategies live while developing other ones. What are my options to do this? Do I need another install of NT8 on the same computer? Can the same license be used for both? Or, do I need another computer? If I need another computer, may I use the same license for Playback Connection on one and a live connection on the other?

Thanks!
    Matt

Hello StealthM93,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you are correct. You cannot be connected to your live account and the playback function at the same time. For this, you would need another computer as you can only run one instance of NinjaTrader 8 on a single computer at a time. However, you are welcome to use your lifetime license key on both computers so you can run one computer with playback and the other would be the live account.

Sean H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's good to know! I didn't think that was an option. Thanks, Sean!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by claxxical, 05-30-2017, 12:30 PM
      37 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Padan
      by Padan

Started by SugarDefwebsite, Today, 02:18 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes