Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choppy Market Replay

Hello,

New to ninja trader and trying to get familiar with the software.

One of the main reasons I decided to try Ninjatrader was the market replay feature. I wanted to be able to fast forward and rewind etc.

My problem is that I can not seem to get the market replay to playback like it does in real time. It seems choppy and only updates every second or so. Its not smooth its almost impossible to use. At one moment im looking to enter a trade, the BOOM it jumps ahead and I lose my entry.

I was hoping that it was going to playback just like it does in real time. If it doesn't playback naturally then its basically useless.

Is there some settings I can adjust for performance? Ive searched high and low on the internet but nothing has solved the issue.

Hello JesseOffshore,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
    Sergey S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi JesseOffshore,

Since I use Market Replay a great deal for developing my coded strategies, allow me to ask the simple question: Verify that your playback speed is at 1x. That should provide you will real-time playback, as I understand it.

Somethings to consider, depending on the instrument and the time of day your playing back, the market can naturally be very choppy. For instance, ES or MES in the opening minutes of Regular Trading Hours or during news announcements is typically quite choppy.

Here's an excellent resource to look at historical news events to see if you're trading during a impactful news event.
      Anticipate market-moving events long before they happen with the internet's most forex-focused economic calendar.

Use the monthly calendar in the upper left to find the day of interest.

Hope that helps!
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_SergeyS View Post
        I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a message 'ATTN Sergey'.
        Ok ive send the email just now, Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthM93 View Post
          Hi JesseOffshore,

Since I use Market Replay a great deal for developing my coded strategies, allow me to ask the simple question: Verify that your playback speed is at 1x. That should provide you will real-time playback, as I understand it.

Somethings to consider, depending on the instrument and the time of day your playing back, the market can naturally be very choppy. For instance, ES or MES in the opening minutes of Regular Trading Hours or during news announcements is typically quite choppy.

Here's an excellent resource to look at historical news events to see if you're trading during a impactful news event.
          Anticipate market-moving events long before they happen with the internet's most forex-focused economic calendar.

Use the monthly calendar in the upper left to find the day of interest.

Hope that helps!
          Matt
          Thanks for the reply.

Yes ive got the speed at 1x. Ive tried all the speeds. For whatever reason no matter what I do its always choppy and jumping around. The playback on 1x speed is running at the right "time" but the candles form in jumps, if that makes sense.

Comment

Hi JesseOffshore,

I figured as such but just wanted to ask to cover the bases. It does make sense what you're saying. I think the market has taken on a new persona of late, if you will. It has become quite choppy at times when outside RTH and news events.

Hopefully, NT Support will provide some insights.

Kind regards,
            Matt

Comment

Was there ever any follow up to this issue? I find playback to be choppy and jittery as well almost as if bars are updating ever second instead of by every tick like while in the live market.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue_Two View Post
                Was there ever any follow up to this issue? I find playback to be choppy and jittery as well almost as if bars are updating ever second instead of by every tick like while in the live market.
                That is EXACTLY how market replay works. The UI is updated once per second. The UI (including charts, SuperDOM, etc.) is not updated every tick.
                Bruce DeVault
                QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue_Two View Post
                  IF you have a decent PC, you can try TickRefresh. It doesnt work well on my chart setup, but if you use time charts it may help. Outside of that, nothing that Im aware of can be done. Its a frustrating thing.

Tick refresh works VERY well on live markets though, but can really bog down a sub-standard PC so play with it first and test it out. Ninjatrader does not update every tick even in a live market. Its every 250ms, with this you can set it to 0ms (every tick).

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d/tickrefresh/
                  Last edited by JesseOffshore; 05-08-2023, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post eDanny
                  by eDanny

Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes