Keeping Strategies in Strategies tab persistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Strategies in Strategies tab persistent

Hi - I have multiple Strategies in my Strategy tab. A Windows update restarted my computer. After the computer and NinjaTrader were restarted, all the main Strategies were cleared from Strategy tab, but one type of Strategy called "Account Monitoring" remained (that is set to Start Behavior.ImmedietlySubmit, while the ones that were cleared were Wait Until Flat. Not sure if that's why). Is there a way to ensure that all Strategies stay in the tab, so that I don't have to start new ones, reset the params, etc. It's very tedious.

Hi szayedoud, thanks for writing in. Its not expected for the strategies to clear them selves out from the strategies tab. Please ensure you are running the latest version of the platform by running the installer from the link below, check the Log tab of the Control Center for any errors, please also make sure you are not running any file backup software on the Documents/NinjaTrader 8 folder.

If you complete all of these with no issue, but your strategies still remove themselves you will need to try a full re-install of the platform.

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Kind regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am running the latest version. I've tried various Strategies, including your Sample ones and 5 of my own. 3/5 of my own Strategies remained after a restart BUT 2 did not. On the 2 that did not load, there was an error for each and both point to the Timer object, it says "There is an error in reflecting type" Both errors are complaining of the property of type Timer. I am using TImer as described in the Best Practices page to time executions of code https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._practices.htm

Any idea why this is happening or how I can fix this?

Comment

SIMPLE FIX: [Xmlignore] where the property is declared. My Strategies are persisted after a NinjaTrader restarted. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes