Chart Trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader

Started my live acct today. I have Chart Trader (Hidden) activated on my SIM chart, and when I went to activate the CT (Hidden) on my live acct chart, the profit, order and stop lines DO NOT show up on my chart when I enter a trade. Please assist.

Are you on the same symbol and account on the two charts?

Comment

Yes, ES 12-22. I have all the right boxes marked in the Data Series, and the Chart Trader is Hidden.

Comment

Hello TMan55,

Thank you for your post.

To view this information when trading your Live account please enable Chart Trader then within the Chart Trader panel then select your Live account within the Accounts drop down menu.​

Let us know if there's any questions.
        Angelica D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK Angelica, so I have 2 accts on the same DOM for the ES 12-22 mkt. Since I want the Chart Trader execution lines on my chart when I enter a trade on the DOM, BUT I DO NOT WANT the Chart Trader control panel showing on the right side of my chart, I have been told that when one chooses Chart Trader (Hidden), this accomplishes the desired result. I have all of these items checked on my chart, and the CT execution lines show up great on my SIM acct., but does not show on my Live acct when I switch, EVEN THOUGH I AM ON THE SAME CHART. I have gone through this with a number of NT techs, who respond in a way that they do not understand my problem. Also, the PLOT EXECUTION option at the bottom of the Data Series box shows "Text and marker" for the same chart, and it works for my SIM acct, but not for my Live acct. Again, both are on the same chart. ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Comment

Hello Anjelica and all, I had a tech call with Christian this morning from NT, and we figured out what was going on. In NT 7, which I used for some time, when you set up the option of having the Chart Trader type lines shown on your chart for profit and stop levels of your order after your order has been accepted, it not only has to be activated on Chart Trader icon at the top of the chart in use, but it also has to be activated by way of the Chart Trader control panel which shows up at the right side of the chart. Using the SIM acct is the default and the Chart Trader lines show up for that, but if you have 1 or 2 live accts, you have to MANUALLY PUT THAT ACCT into the Acct box in the CT control panel.
            As I remember, this was not required on NT7, the lines would show up automatically during the use of any acct if these if the parameters were set.
            So, I might recommend to the NT developers that Chart Trader lines should be set for all accts that one has for a given chart, since I toggle from one to another acct.

Comment

Oops, I meant "Unlike NT7" in the 1st line of my last post.

Comment

Hello TMan55,

Thank you for your feedback!

Let us know if there's any questions.​
                Angelica D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes