Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Saved folder after reinstalling Ninjatrader 8

Hi,

So Ninjatrader 8 didn't want to open after I stopped synching to one drive. I had some really importing data and indicators, I also had an indictaor wich I needed to make 3license key.

After some research on this forum and multiple tries(as opening in safemode) nothing workedI

So I had to delete ninjatrader and saved my ninjatrader folder to Ninjatrader OLD.

Now my question is how do in install ninjatrader that uses my ninjatrader Old folder where all the important data is saved?

I couldn't open ninjatrader so i could make the specific backup file.

Regards

Hello laurentg,

Thank you for your post.

Do you still have access to the NinjaTraderOld folder? If so your historical data will be in NinjaTraderOld->db folder and are in the day, minute and tick folders which can be moved into Documents->NinjaTrader 8->db folder.

For 3rd party add-ons I suggest using the zip or .exe files provided by the vendor directly. To import the add-ons again go to the Control Center->Tools->Import->NinjaScript Add-On->Select the zip file then open->Once finished importing all add-ons restart NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I Have access to my old folder but I need everything from, I had templates, alerts, kinetick login.

I also tried just copying and replacing the folder in the new ninjatrader folder, but the problem is that ninjatrader remakes a new bin64 map.

Regards

Comment

Hello laurentg,

When copying files you will only want to move files such as templates, workspaces, etc. from NinjaTraderOld to Documents->NinjaTrader 8 and will not want to move any files from C:->Program Files (x86)->NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

HI, Almost everything is working. i had to transfer the config file to. Before my older Ninjatrader crashed I want to important indicator bu ti had a error programming issue, I found in the ninjatrader creator the error codes, but ii can't delete those in ninjacreator.

Those error codes are coming from the config file right?, but how do i adapt those files?

Regards

Comment

Hello laurentg,

This error is caused when a .dll file is being referenced that NinjaTrader is unable to find.

Steps to Resolve
            • Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
            • Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error.
            • Click "remove" to remove the reference.
            • Click "OK" and recompile.
            Below is a link to our publicly available YouTube channel overviewing this process:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            ​​

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM