Bid Ask not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid Ask not updating

My bid ask on chart trader isn’t updating as it should. I’m using Rithmic Trader as the data feed. It shows the price changes fine in there but on the chart trader when I load it the bid ask stays at 0 for a while then changes to a number but never continues tracking it. The chart updates just fine and shows all the ticks

Hello Baseba1133,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This generally means that your account is not enabled to receive real-time data through the API. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Feel free to also provide a screenshot in your response.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

• What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?) 8.0.26.1 64-bit
      • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc. MES, ES, MNQ, NQ 12-22 expiry it was happening on all of them
      • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc. 30 second and 5 minute, but it was doing it also on 1 minute, 3 minute and the 15 minute. i didnt bother checking 30+minutes
      • Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report? no errors in the log tab

The bars were updating properly and following the price movement, just the bid and ask on the right-hand side were 0. The ask would sometimes eventually show up but would be way behind from the current price. I was connecting through Rithimic, and the prices were showing and updating there also.

Comment

Hello Baseba1133,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files to see if I can get a better understanding of what is occurring. Please send these to me via email with the steps below.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 03389461 ATTN Zachary

I look forward to further assisting you.

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes