Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple data series and bar spacing

Hello,

I am attempting to improve performance issues with OrderFlowVolumeProfile to reduce the likelihood of continuing to experience lag during times of high market volume and volatility. My baseline was to update the indicator "on price change," sacrificing the faster "on each tick" option, but I need to bring it down further. Since I apply this indicator to a 5m or 15m chart, setting it to "on bar close" is too much of a compromise. So I thought perhaps I would add a second data series of the same instrument at a 15 second interval and apply the Profile to use that as its input series, and set calculate to "on bar close" for that faster series. This did not seem to work except on a per-minute basis (-- perhaps because I am already compromising there too, using Resolution to "Minute" instead of the dramatically better "Tick" option... because I assume that will help performance significantly... sigh.) So I changed the secondary series to a 1 minute timeframe. It seems to work as desired.

Here is my problem. I am now limited in how far out I can zoom my 5m chart, since the 1m chart is also technically also on the chart (even though set to Line On Close, Transparent color, and panel with the secondary series completed collapsed).

How can I restore my zoom-out capability to the full amount in this scenario?

Thank you,
    biegea

P.S. I swear sometimes I have the ability to uncheck a "visible" box to prevent a symbol/data series from rendering, but I can never find it when I need it (...unless I am making it up).
    Last edited by biegea; 10-14-2022, 12:18 PM.

any ideas? thanks

Comment

Hello biegea,

Thank you for your post.

When using a multi series chart unfortunately even when set to Transparent the bars are still calculated within the chart therefore may cause limitations on the amount the chart X-axis can be compressed.

Currently there is not a "Visible" option available for the data series and however is available within the Indicator settings which may have been where you seen this option listed.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alexstox, 10-16-2018, 03:29 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes