Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data playback

Hello,

I am quite frustrated with the process of historical playback. I would like to download several months at a time of historical data for playback purposes. However, you cannot because it requires you to choose a specific future contract schedule like CL 11-22. I tried typing in CL 09-22 but it will not allow that. You have to pick whatever is in the dropdown when you type CL.
    Is there an actual method to do what I want to do? Please do not reffer me to https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?importing.htm, it's absolutely useless.
    Last edited by Mikvestments; 10-18-2022, 04:36 PM.

Hello Mikvestments,

Thank you for your post!

I've recorded a short video of me downloading CL 09-22 historical data and playing it within the Playback Connection. I would recommend following along and trying it for yourself:NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available. You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I've also provided our help guides below on downloading this data and the Playback Connection:Please let me know if further assistance is needed.
    Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kennedy, Thank you for that video. It is actually the clearest explanation. However, I wanted to show you what I have in my historical library. I have all these that you can see but my Historical Controller only shows me August – October available. AND, if I choose any of the available dates and press play, well, it just sits there and does nothing. The time is ticking away on the Playback Controller but neither price action or candles are moving on chart.

Comment

Actually, I had Market Replay selected on the Playback Controller. But even if I select Historical I only have April - October. And again, if I select any of the available dates, and hit play, the time is ticking away on the Playback Controller but neither price action or candles are moving on chart.

Comment

Hello Mikvestments,

Please ensure that you download the data with the same settings that I showed in my video, only Tick, Last, Ask, and Bid should be checked when downloading Historical data as the Historical playback mode only plays Tick data. Also, I showed how to check the full data in my video by clicking on the "+" sign next to CL 09-22, but here is another example:Please ensure that your downloaded, available data looks like mine with the Tick and the dates and times.

You will also want to ensure that you are viewing the correct contract on the chart for the data that you have downloaded. As for example in my video, you can see that I changed the chart to CL 09-22 to match the contract that I downloaded the data for.

I would highly recommend following my video step by step - even if you've already downloaded the data - and seeing if that works for you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance!
          Kennedy M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post aa731
          by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM