Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace - Open but NOT on Screen

Good day to all,
    Please I need concrete help with a problem that usually happens to me rarely but it happened to me last Thursday October.
    When I close my workspace I always do it with the "close" option in the "workspace" section but I did it by accident with the "X" of the graphic window itself.
    On Friday when I open my workspace, it does not appear on my screen even though it is listed as open at the top in the general menu: "workspace": green light.
    I can open a simple chart.
    I restarted my computer and paid for several minutes but I can't get it to display.
    Finally on Friday I had to work with an "Untitled" workspace.
    In my humble opinion it's like it's in the background, even though I can't see it.
    I think it may be an easily solvable problem.
    Please help me and let me know what to do to prevent this from happening again in the future.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you and best regards.

Good Monday,
    Please, today Monday I have also not been able to open my workspace that I always work on regularly.
    I have found in: "Tools" and "Database Management" and the option: "Restore workspace".
    Can this solve my problem? I confirm I have NOT done this and no other option until you tell me what to do.
    I attach a picture of this. My NT8 is in Spanish. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please help me.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you and best regards.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

First, ensure the workspace you have open is the one that has your items saved and that they are not minimized. Hover over the NinjaTrader 8 icon on the Windows Taskbar to see if your charts are there. You can open other workspaces by going to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Click on the workspace you want to open. If you're not sure what this list means and how to tell if a workspace is open, in view, or closed, please visit the following help guide link:
      If this does not resolve the symptom, try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
      1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
      2. Select "Restore workspace"
      3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
      4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
      5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.

Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:
      Alternatively, you can restore your workspaces from a backup if you completed one recently. Complete the following steps to restore a Backup Archive:
      1. From within the Control Center window select the Tools menu. Then select the menu Import and the Backup File... menu item
      2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
      3. Press the "Restore" button
      4. Select the items you wish to restore

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide:
      To help prevent loss, please ensure to create regular backups.

If you have no backup you may be able to restore your workspaces to an earlier version in Windows:
      1. To do this within Windows open Documents> NinjaTrader 8
      2. Right-click on the Workspaces folder and select Properties
      3. See if you have the ability to restore to an earlier version
      4. If not, you will need to recreate your workspace

Ensure to always exit NinjaTrader by selecting the X at the top right of the Control Center. DO NOT right click on the NinjaTrader icon in the Windows Taskbar and select Close as Windows could close the charts/etc before asking to save your workspace, resulting in a blank workspace.

If you have an anti-virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list. You will need to exclude the following directories:
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
      • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8

Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes