Chart Loading Performance FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Loading Performance FYI

I use NinjaTrader to filter down from watch lists. As a result I end up looking at a lot of different instruments in each trading day. After months of doing this I noticed NinjaTrader was taking longer then normal to load charts. In debugging this performance issue I discovered that the more instruments there are in the <RecentInstruments> list in UI.xml located in the NinjaTrader8 folder, the slower charts load.

I performed some timing and with over 1000 symbols in that list, the performance to load charts would more then double. The longer the list gets, the faster the performance degrades.

** I have reported the issue to NinjaTrader and they are aware of it. **

At the end of every trading day I open UI.xml and remove all the symbols in <RecentInstruments> block in the UI.XML file. This list never clears out so over time it will grow and grow. If you only ever look at the same small set of symbols this won't affect you. If you change what you trade from day to day or week to week then this list will grow over time and the time it takes to switch symbols on charts will be degraded.

If you find that your performance improves after clearing this out feel free to comment to this thread so they are aware of how many customers may be affected by this issue.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post techgetgame  
Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post sephichapdson  
Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM