Where do my stop and limit orders reside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do my stop and limit orders reside

I use NT Brokerage and am wondering if my stop and Limit orders reside on my computer or on the brokerage side.

Is there any documentation that shows this for all your broker partners?
    Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

Simulated orders (i.e. submitted to the Sim101 account) would be simulated locally on your PC, so they would not be able to function in the event of a connection loss or shutdown.

What happens to your live orders in the event of a connection loss or disconnection would depend on whom you are connected to as well as the state the orders themselves are in. However, it is worth noting that once the platform is shut down, ATM (Advanced Trade Management) functionality would not be available. That is, the platform cannot submit or manage Stop Loss or Profit Target orders while the platform is shut down.

More information at the below link:Once Accepted or Working, however, your Stop Loss and Profit Target would adhere to the same rules mentioned in the below link for your data provider. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over where your orders reside.I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over order state definitions.​Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post funk10101  
    Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes