Collapse

POC in Volumetric Data doesn't match POC in Orderflow Volume Profile Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POC in Volumetric Data doesn't match POC in Orderflow Volume Profile Indicator

I put an OrderFlow volume profile indicator onto Volumetric Data bars, set to "Bar Profile" mode, but the POCs don't line up the majority of the time. In fact, the profile lines often look nothing like the volumetric lines at all! (Image below)

I'm a bit confused, as I assumed that the volume profile indicator was simply run from Volumetric data, and this calls the accuracy of both into question.

Which is right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	183
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1221580

Hello NichUK,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please forward your settings to platformsupport@ninjatrader[com] so I can look into this further?

Please include the following the case ID: 03452677

I look forward to assisting you with this item.
    Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NichUK View Post
      I put an OrderFlow volume profile indicator onto Volumetric Data bars, set to "Bar Profile" mode, but the POCs don't line up the majority of the time. In fact, the profile lines often look nothing like the volumetric lines at all! (Image below)

I'm a bit confused, as I assumed that the volume profile indicator was simply run from Volumetric data, and this calls the accuracy of both into question.

Which is right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	183
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1221580
      Hi
      Check the settings in your volume profile indicator under the setup section to see whether you have the resolution set to "Minute" or "Tick". If you select "Tick" I suspect it will correct the issue you have reported. When you use "Minute" resolution you lose the fine resolution of the "Tick" setting and the profile can be incorrect. For long term higher timeframe charts "minute" resolution is probably OK but for shorter term charts it can be pretty innacurate
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by FMtrader View Post

Hi
        Check the settings in your volume profile indicator under the setup section to see whether you have the resolution set to "Minute" or "Tick". If you select "Tick" I suspect it will correct the issue you have reported. When you use "Minute" resolution you lose the fine resolution of the "Tick" setting and the profile can be incorrect. For long term higher timeframe charts "minute" resolution is probably OK but for shorter term charts it can be pretty innacurate
        Cheers
        Thanks FMtrader !

That was the answer! I changed the resolution to Tick, and the images immediately married up.

Thanks for your help!

NinjaTrader_LuisH: you may as well go ahead and close case 03452677, as the correct answer is above.

Thanks both!

Nich

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses