Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to plot current hod/lod on a volume chart without disrupting spacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to plot current hod/lod on a volume chart without disrupting spacing?

Is there any way to plot the hod/lod on a volume based chart where you create a new data series for RTH only without disrupting bar spacing?

I'm using a 5,000 volume chart on the NQ as my main chart that runs 24/7 and can't use that data series for current day high/low.

My issue is when I create a data series that is transparent and no matter what other setting I use - 30 second, 1 minute or even 5,000 volume (which is starting at 930am so the bars are different) I lose equidistant spacing on the chart.

Any way around that when using volume charts?

Hello brownsfan019​,
    Thank you for your post.

In order for me to better assist you, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further. Please email to [email protected] "ATTN: ADRIAN"
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please click this Blue text to see a video demonstration of how to send these files

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Adrian View Post
      Hello brownsfan019​,
      Thank you for your post.

In order for me to better assist you, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further. Please email to [email protected] "ATTN: ADRIAN"
      • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please click this Blue text to see a video demonstration of how to send these files

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.​
      There's nothing to investigate on my machine.

I'm asking a question: while using a volume based chart, is there any way to apply the current hod/lod indicator that only runs from 930am-400pm AND not disrupt bar spacing.

Here are examples of what I'm asking for. This is a 5k volume chart with a 1 minute data series applied but transparent. While you can't see the 1 minute bars, clearly they are there. So is there a way around this?

Attached Files

Comment

Anytime you mix a time based dataseries on the same chart with a non time based series this will occur.

Instead of using a transparent time based series, use the exact same 5000 volume series but with the RTH trading hours and make this series transparent. Then apply the currentdayohl indicator to the transparent series. To be sure it likely will change the display as well but perhaps not so bad. Try it out.

The best solution is a custom indicator written that applies to the RTH only and avoid the need to add a dataseries.

Comment

Hello brownsfan019​,
          Thank you for providing that information.

Unfortunately no, you can't avoid the spacing issue. If you are using a transparent data series with a different number of bars, the spacing will always be disrupted. You will need to see about looking into a 3rd Party Add-On that will do what you are describing.

Feel free to reach out if your ever in need of support.
          Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes