Collapse

Rithmic with Ninja slow down the PC performance during the high volatility hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rithmic with Ninja slow down the PC performance during the high volatility hour

Has anyone found a good solution to help the performance of the PC during the highly volatile hours (around 9-11 am EST)? I'm using rithmic as my data source and its is clear that the highly active market hours adds a lot of load on the computer. Its probably because there are a lot of data (ticks/ask/bid/last/volume) that rithmic sends to Ninjatrader. Does anyone have a good solution? I need the bid/ask/last data and I dont care about the volume and the dom but even aggregated data on rithmic doesn't seems to help.

Hello Ray11,

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies is important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick or each price change. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will use PC resources. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. Please close the workspaces running in the background and check if the unresponsive behavior persists.

You can find more tips and suggestions to improve performance at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes