Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale In - chart trader

Hello,

when I have a position from entry with charttrader with stoploss and profittarget working and I do another entry - at another price - then the stoploss and the profittarget are added to the existing stoploss and first profittarget. Why isnt it placing the stoploss and the profittargets with the distances from the settings in the ATM please?

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt​,

Thank you for the post.

Please provide a few screenshots of what you are seeing when you are placing entry orders with your ATM Strategies.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 10 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save it as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    ​I look forward to assisting you.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Please see attache screenshots _1, _2 _3.

First entry is _1.
      Then I added when it was 4 ticks in profit with click on buy market. You see where stop and target is added, its not 4 ticks higher - with settings from ATM.
      Then I added again when price was lower and it added again to stop and target from 1st entry and not 7 ticks lower .

Know what I mean?

And another question in this concern please: What atm is added....the atm is with 2 positions, I did not change the atm, why isnt it placing the new entry also with 2 positions?

Thank you!
      Tony
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 11-29-2022, 10:02 AM. Reason: translation error

Comment

Hello Tony,

This is because you are scaling into an existing Active Atm with the lightning bolt icon to the left and not selecting the original Atm without the lightning bolt.

Select the original inactive template to start a new Atm, instead of scaling into an Active Atm.

Below is a link to the help guide on 'Understanding the ATM Strategy control list options'. Please see the title 'Active ATM Strategy Names'.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rolListOptions

It is also possible to set a SuperDOM window or Chart Trader to keep the inactive strategy selected upon order entry.

This mode is designed for traders who by default, want to always create a new set of Stop Loss and Profit Target brackets (new ATM Strategy) with each new order placed.

To do this:
        • Right-click the SuperDOM window or Chart Trader area in the chart, then select Properties.
        • Under General, change the value for 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission'.
        • Click Apply (Set Default if you would like) and OK
        Below I have added a link to the help guide on 'ATM strategy selection mode' should you need a reference.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...SubmissionMode

The difference between these options is that you can either quickly scale in to an order with the same Atm Strategy by having the active strategy auto-select, or instead, you can quickly create a new order with a new Atm Strategy instance (for bracketing with opposing orders for example).

Where you have inquired:
        "And another question in this concern please: What atm is added....the atm is with 2 positions, I did not change the atm, why isnt it placing the new entry also with 2 positions?"

I am not certain what this means. The entries are filling, which is increasing the position size from 2, to 3, to 4 in your screenshots.​
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Yesterday, 04:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        1 response
        0 likes