Symbol Mapping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Mapping Question

I believe I have NT symbol LE mapped correctly, but my external data feed is not mapping to the correct LE month.
    Please advise as to how I get LC to map to LE 02-23 instead of LE 12-22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NE LE Symbol Mapping.1.png
Views:	204
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1225401

Name:	NE LE Symbol Mapping.2.png
Views:	197
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	1225402

Hello Atomic​,
    Thank you for your post.

In order to better assist you, please answer the following questions:
    • What data provider are you using?
    • What is the roll over date on the 02-23 contract?
    • Do you receive any error messages in the 'Log' tab?
    I look forward to your response and resolving this matter for you.
    Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Adrian View Post
      Hello Atomic​,
      Thank you for your post.

In order to better assist you, please answer the following questions:
      • What data provider are you using?
      • What is the roll over date on the 02-23 contract?
      • Do you receive any error messages in the 'Log' tab?
      I look forward to your response and resolving this matter for you.
      External data feed is coming from Tradestation via NtDirect. That is the case for all of the symbols. The data is obviously getting there, it's just getting mapped to the wrong symbol.
      There are no error messages in the log.

Name:	NE LE Symbol Mapping.3.png
Views:	206
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1225498

Comment

Hello Atomic​,
        Thank you for the reply.

After reviewing the information you provided. Please change the rollover date from 12/30/2022 to 11/08/2022. In addition, please also follow the steps below to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
        • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
        • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
        • Close this window when this process completes.
        You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:
        To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​

Comment

Hello Atomic​,
          Thank you for the reply.

After reviewing the information you provided. Please change the rollover date from 12/30/2022 to 11/08/2022. In addition, please also follow the steps below to roll over the expiration date of a Futures contract:
          • Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window.
          • Left-click the ‘Rollover’ button that appears just below the table under the ‘Rollover futures instruments’ section.
          • Close this window when this process completes.
          You can learn more about the different ways to rollover by visiting the link below:
          To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
          Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
          All well and good, but I am trying to follow the directions here so that my Tradestation LC data is mapping to the Feb contract for LE, and not Dec. It does not work.

Name:	NE LE Symbol Mapping.4.png
Views:	220
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1225543

Comment

Hello Atomic​,
            Thank you for your reply.

At this point, I would reach out to Trade Station directly since we don't officially support streaming data into NinjaTrader using Trade Station. Unfortunately, our ability to assist with this is pretty limited since we cannot replicate or test this on our end because it's unsupported. That's not to say you can't get it to work it's just that we can't really help much since it's unsupported and we don't have much information on this.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions on this matter.

Comment

Hello Atomic​,
              Thank you for your reply.

At this point, I would reach out to Trade Station directly since we don't officially support streaming data into NinjaTrader using Trade Station. Unfortunately, our ability to assist with this is pretty limited since we cannot replicate or test this on our end because it's unsupported. That's not to say you can't get it to work it's just that we can't really help much since it's unsupported and we don't have much information on this.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions on this matter.
              I find your answer a bit unsatisfying since external data feeds and related symbol mapping are clearly a part of the Ninjatrader platform. In this case,
              the external data feeds is generated by a dll which you claim not to support even though you distribute the dll with the Ninjatrader platform, and it is referred to in your help guide. There is no way Tradestation could possibly be expected to support or explain why your external data feed is not working as you say it should.

But never mind that. By fiddling around I seem to have been able to get all of the symbols updating from the Tradestation external data feed using the NtDirect dll. I was able to get most of them working using continuous symbols on the Tradestation side, such as @S ==> ZS and @LC ==> LE. The symbol mapping was set for these symbols by the normal method (in edit LE, just put LC as the external data feed symbol to be mapped to LE). There was one symbol I could not get to map and that was ZW (wheat). The way I finally got it to work was to set my Tradestation chart to symbol WH23 and in Ninjatrader for the symbol ZW, set the external data feed symbol mapping to WH23|03-23. That did it!. I'm posting this for the benefit of any others who may run into this problem.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	NE LE Symbol Mapping.6.png Views:	0 Size:	16.7 KB ID:	1226088

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason